• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Two of my favorites:

tta39f.jpg

tta60f.jpg

Two stunning books!!!

The White Mountain copy is a seriously great book (actually the best #60 I've seen), any other's lurking in the collection??

Excellent books Rich...as soon as you're ready to let that 60,64, and 67 go (see my sig line)...LMK

That 60 is definitely one of the best I've seen...gorgeours colors and a PITA to get in 9.4 or better unless you're willing to shell out 3K for the one on clink.

Thanks Bill. When that day comes I will sell to no one but you!! Can you believe asking 3K for that book? Ambitious to say the least.

Awesome!! Thanks!! That 3K is a bit much and it hasn't even got the minimum 1500.00 bid...(even THAT is above the GPA average)...I need that book for my 9.4 or better run, but not for that price...btw, nice pick up on the Pac Coast TTA on ebay recently... thumbsup2.gif

Figured I'd jump into the fray.

Here is issue # 66 in CGC 9.4 (old label). This issue is the toughest Hulk/Giant Man issue to find in high grade with this being the only 9.4 and only 2 9.6's trumping it. This trails only issue 77 in high grade rarity for the Hulk issues and is tied with issue 77 with 3 issues in 9.4 or better. I was lucky enough to pick this issue up from Doug at Pedigree when Steve decided to sell off his TTA's. Considering what the 9.6 issue of 78 went for recently on pedigree (1250.00), I consider this book at less than half of that a steal.

TTA669.jpg[/img]

Figured I'd jump into the fray.

Here is issue # 66 in CGC 9.4 (old label). This issue is the toughest Hulk/Giant Man issue to find in high grade with this being the only 9.4 and only 2 9.6's trumping it. This trails only issue 77 in high grade rarity for the Hulk issues and is tied with issue 77 with 3 issues in 9.4 or better. I was lucky enough to pick this issue up from Doug at Pedigree when Steve decided to sell off his TTA's. Considering what the 9.6 issue of 78 went for recently on pedigree (1250.00), I consider this book at less than half of that a steal.

TTA669.jpg[/img]

Very sharp book Bill thumbsup2.gif Steve's books all have nice new homes cloud9.gif

Here is one of my favorites (although low grade). This is the first "prototype" of the Hulk. Actually the story is pretty bad and doesn't really have anything to do with the Hulk as we know him today. But still, it's a character named the Hulk and I'm a BigHulkFan, so I had to have it when I finally saw it on ebay. Paid guide for it which is OK being that every time I see it it's multiples of guide no matter what condition it's in.

TalestoAstonish21front.jpg[/img]