• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Well I figured yourself and Doug own the other high grade copies so I better pick this one up otherwise I may never see another one for sale for a long time. Feel pretty lucky that I was able to find both #77 and #78 recently, the rest should be easy enough to acquire.

Well I figured yourself and Doug own the other high grade copies so I better pick this one up otherwise I may never see another one for sale for a long time. Feel pretty lucky that I was able to find both #77 and #78 recently, the rest should be easy enough to acquire.

Most other issues after #69 are pretty easy, and you can get good prices on many of them (especially in the 9.0 / 9.2 range).

A very fun run to complete!!!!!!

Not a big Gene Colan fan but I like this cover.

I actually think Colan was one of the best artist. Not saying that his covers were always the best, but the art inside the book never looked rushed (unlike say Kirby who sometimes looked like he couldn't draw a curve to save his life).

And Cool Book (I have the Northland copy).

For me his art is too "swishy" for lack of a better word. Not bad but not one of my favorites. You are correct about Kirby likely a bi-product of being worked to death. I just noticed that Cap recently updated his TTA run, any idea which book it was?

Look at the date the book was included in the set. That's how you can tell the knew additions.

I'm pretty sure it was a resubmit. He hasn't bought any new copies, except one, and that's contigent on it being upgraded. grin.gif

Just got these two beauties from a board member. #57 is relatively easy to find (even in CGC 9.4), but #58 is extremely tough even in CGC 9.2. I don't even think Burntboy has a nice copy (or I would have tried to buy it from him).

970917-TTA%2357.jpg

589a8e7eacfb7_970917-TTA57.jpg.c738eb3b4117a7819210543997961af9.jpg

Awesome books. Spidey has yellow webbing??? 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif I love Jack, Ayers, Dan Adkins and Dandy Don Heck, but when you see the cover and interior to this book and books like Avengers 11 and X-Men 35, it's REAL clear why Stan had Ditko do Spider-Man.... tonofbricks.gif

Nice Book! I always like that cover. That Hulk art was what they used on the Lancer paperback compilation of b&w hulk stories and I had that as a kid. Very nostolgic for me every time I see it.

Red

hulkpback.jpg

By the way, I never noticed that they changed the landscape under the Hulk.

Edited by Red Hook

Nice Book! I always like that cover. That Hulk art was what they used on the Lancer paperback compilation of b&w hulk stories and I had that as a kid. Very nostolgic for me every time I see it.

Red

hulkpback.jpg

By the way, I never noticed that they changed the landscape under the Hulk.

i'd wondered why that illustration looked so familiar! thanks for the tip-off!