• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

This just arrived:

tta98.jpg

Easily one of the greatest covers of that era. cloud9.gif

I totally agree thumbsup2.gif You just get the feeling that they were taking chances here and stretching the boundaries of what was "acceptable". Are there enough monochromatic covers to start a thread? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bill, ...so there's a new Hulk movie in the works 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Will be interesting to see what happen's with Hulk titles leading up to the release.

Of Course the big question is who/it/what is going to be the nemesis in the movie confused-smiley-013.gif

Still holding tight on your TTA #90 WM hi.gif

I would be if Rich hadn't bought it first... sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif I was so convinced

... basically I'm in regret mode, I didn't push more on my own bidding for the book.

So I'll take a sumo.gif as well for being one of the competition.

The only small consolation, is at least you know where the book is. sorry.gif

White Mountain TTA's!!!! White Mountain TTA's!!!!!!!! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifMwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Mine,mine, mine!!!I'm a happy little miser!!!!

Ok, ok, we'll take the gloat on the chin... only because I for one would be equally 'diplomatic' about owning the book.

thumbsup2.gif

p.s. dib's being front of the que when you you come to sell hail.gifangel.gifflowerred.gif

Bill, ...so there's a new Hulk movie in the works 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Will be interesting to see what happen's with Hulk titles leading up to the release.

Of Course the big question is who/it/what is going to be the nemesis in the movie confused-smiley-013.gif

Still holding tight on your TTA #90 WM hi.gif

I would be if Rich hadn't bought it first... sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif I was so convinced

... basically I'm in regret mode, I didn't push more on my own bidding for the book.

So I'll take a sumo.gif as well for being one of the competition.

The only small consolation, is at least you know where the book is. sorry.gif

White Mountain TTA's!!!! White Mountain TTA's!!!!!!!! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifMwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Mine,mine, mine!!!I'm a happy little miser!!!!

Ok, ok, we'll take the gloat on the chin... only because I for one would be equally 'diplomatic' about owning the book.

thumbsup2.gif

p.s. dib's being front of the que when you you come to sell hail.gifangel.gifflowerred.gif

Thought my clearly over the top "greed" tirade would be seen as kidding, "mock gloating" stooges.gif The "happy little miser" quote refers to a classic Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck cartoon with a genie, an island and lots of treasure. Fuggin hilarious IMHO thumbsup2.gif

Thought my clearly over the top "greed" tirade would be seen as kidding, "mock gloating" stooges.gif The "happy little miser" quote refers to a classic Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck cartoon with a genie, an island and lots of treasure. Fuggin hilarious IMHO thumbsup2.gif

Oh it was, no issue there...just jealous that your in the 'position' to quote a mocking gloat ever so lightly, ...or any which way. insane.gif

Just a great book, and WM TTA's are to be treasured. thumbsup2.gif

But what will be the interesting is to see what/who is the 'baddy' in the new hulk movie??

The Abomination stands with a good chance after previously circulated rumors.

Picked up these early issues at the Chicagocon. Not ultra high grade but tough nonetheless.

tta2.jpg

tta4.jpg

Wow those are great!!! I'll be reading those two tonight via Masterworks. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

Just had to pick this up as i don't recall too many copies with white pages. Might sell it as there are always GA books that keep coming out of the wood work that I want.

TTA93heritage.jpg

Very nice looking copy thumbsup2.gif

Shame the census on this book has filled out so much in the last 18 months, but prices seem to be holding ok.

What was the damage picking this top copy up?

Just had to pick this up as i don't recall too many copies with white pages. Might sell it as there are always GA books that keep coming out of the wood work that I want.

TTA93heritage.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! Sharp book thumbsup2.gif

79tta.jpg

Never looked at this cover up close and had always assumed it to be an Everett cover. Everett's inks put a very unique look to Kirby's pencils. Perhaps Everett redrew the Hulk's face to more closely match the interior art?

My 12c

Dennis

I hope its the Abomination. Would make for a hearty slugfest headbang.gif Just got this one + it has a "Jay Parrino, The Mint" sticker on back 893whatthe.gif

tta92.jpg

Great Marie Severin cover. She's definitely underrated IMHO.

Korvac, again another top pickup! thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Old label plus white pages, on whats one of my very early favourite books from the title, it's combination that simply can't be beat.

79tta.jpg

Never looked at this cover up close and had always assumed it to be an Everett cover. Everett's inks put a very unique look to Kirby's pencils. Perhaps Everett redrew the Hulk's face to more closely match the interior art?

My 12c

Dennis

That's an interesting observation on Everett's contribution to the cover. I think its quite possible that he redrew part or all of the Hulk's face. It certainly doesn't look like a Kirby Hulk IMHO.

This just arrived:

tta98.jpg

Easily one of the greatest covers of that era. cloud9.gif

Yeah...too bad about the distributor overspray throughout the front cover of this copy...I'm surprised CGC didn't ding it for that..? insane.gif

Great thread, guys... TTA is one of my top 3 or 4 Marvel titles of the '60s...