• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Now all I need is a beater 27 to have all the Ant-Man issues. hm

I've got a 7.5 Ped copy on the way :banana:

Got a 1.8 undercopy? :whistle:

Essential Ant Man, TTA Masterworks (shrug)

Sorry, though i might go for an upgrade quite soon ... I have the #27 bug now, something I've resisted for so long.

TTA 77 is a great comic. It's the first time that a Marvel Superhero had their secret identity revealed to the world - not sure if this was a first for the industry as a whole, but it was a startling storyline in its' day.

Plus, for some unknown reason it is very scarce in grade (and while I didn't pay $642 for the 9.4 copy, I thought seriously about doing so).

TTA 77 is a great comic. It's the first time that a Marvel Superhero had their secret identity revealed to the world - not sure if this was a first for the industry as a whole, but it was a startling storyline in its' day.

Plus, for some unknown reason it is very scarce in grade (and while I didn't pay $642 for the 9.4 copy, I thought seriously about doing so).

I'm happy with my VF+ copy I got for $15 shipped.

^^

Thanks for the info (thumbs u

I assume the 2 top books for this iss are with Brulato, and Schmell...I'd put money on it.

I've seen other's...ok the PC 9.2 copy where CGC didn't mention the story line on the slab - though it is heavily eloborated to on the actual book.

So I guess for the vast majority of SA newbies, this book would be well off the radar unless someone had specificly told them to track down an iss and read it (shrug)

Yet another keeper!

Hardest SA Marvel to find without chipping. :cloud9:

Your book?

How do you know that?

It's mine now! :D

I've been collecting Marvles since the 70s and TTA since the early 90s.

This one is a bugger for chipping.

Makes FF 16 look easy... :eek:

And I had to bid full book to win it on eBay (no shilling).

No other TTA in F+ goes for that outside of the keys 27 and 35.

killa book, and a tough one to locate in grade for some reason. Well done!

(thumbs u

:golfclap:

I need one too!

8.5/9.0 would do for me. :D