• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Just checking eBay for a reader 40 and found Heritage has some smoking books up!

Egads!

When you BSDs win these be sure an post them here!

:banana:

$1000 even... hm

Noooooooo.....don't post a link to the White Mountain book. I beg you, please no action on that book. It's my first foray with Heritage and I don't want it to end bitterly :)

Jim

Sooooo, was that $1k of love yours or someones elses???

WOw those pedigrees are sweet!!!

Here are a couple of my latest pick-ups...I am very happy I had the opportunity to purchase them!! All are pedigrees and all are old labels...

First up is the TTA 71 9.4 Western Penn off white to white pages

TTA719.4WP.jpg

Really jacked about this one. yay.gif

tta77.jpg

Just for a flashback, but does anyone have a better copy of this??

It's still one of the most underated issues in the run, and in an underated title it's plain crazy.

This theortically should be in the top portion of any Hulk collector's want list out there!

One of my favorites and a tough book in higher grade due to the black cover, here is the TTA 99 9.6 Western Penn with off white pages

TTA999.6WP.jpg[/img]

One of my favorites as well!! (thumbs u Great books from a range of peds=priceless :cloud9:

One of my favorites and a tough book in higher grade due to the black cover, here is the TTA 99 9.6 Western Penn with off white pages

TTA999.6WP.jpg[/img]

One of my favorites as well!! (thumbs u Great books from a range of peds=priceless :cloud9:

Thanks Rich!! (thumbs u

As promised (I know, like anyone cares). First off two Heritage wins from last weekend.

WMTTA43.jpg

WMTTA40.jpg

Then I was able to pick up these 5 raw White Mountain copies from JHV Associates (amazing guys) this past weekend. It's going to really screw with my registry score though as I have no intentions to have them graded. I so enjoyed opening up the book and getting that White Mountain smell that up until now I had only heard stories about.

SWforsale068.jpg

SWforsale067.jpg

SWforsale066.jpg

SWforsale065.jpg

SWforsale064.jpg

I love this cover, and picked it up solely as a place holder until the WM copy shows up. It's the Mass copy and it really, really pretty but I can't understand why 67 isn't written on the cover in pen :) :)

SWforsale070.jpg

Thanks for your interest.

Jim

I've been told for months they have their own distinctive smell. So one would imagine a beautiful cedar chest aroma or musty basement. Well mothballs it is!!! I'm not one for mothballs but for now on when I enter my Grandmothers basements I will just think White Mountain goodness :) :) :)

As soon as I saw the centering on the Mass copy...I just couldn't pass it up. Add old label White Pages and you know you're holding something good.

Jim

I've been told for months they have their own distinctive smell. So one would imagine a beautiful cedar chest aroma or musty basement. Well mothballs it is!!! I'm not one for mothballs but for now on when I enter my Grandmothers basements I will just think White Mountain goodness :) :) :)

As soon as I saw the centering on the Mass copy...I just couldn't pass it up. Add old label White Pages and you know you're holding something good.

Jim

So are you going to get those puppies slabbed...for your registry set?? They look realy good from photo's you've shown, it'd be pretty interesting to see what they grade out as.

(thumbs u

Edited by brasseye

Arex: Thanks for the compliment.

Brass: I am going to hold off for a while getting them slabbed, if I'm sitting a hundred points behind Korvac or something and need to overtake him than I'll do it. Ah who am I kidding, I wouldn't even do that Rich. The 500 points I would get out of them wouldn't even make a dent in the registry scores. :(

So I'll enjoy them raw for a while longer.

Jim

Jim

Congrats on the TTA 93. Glad it's found a new home. :applause:

Alan