• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Some very sharp copies thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

It's hard to find so many high grade raw books anymore! hail.gif

Soon I'll be able to post my latest TTA here...

As soon as it shows up! frustrated.gif

The TTA 82 9.6 Boston just sold for 1201.00 on c-links auction...I bid over 900.00 (200+ more than I thought it was worth (to me anyway) and I wasn't even close...yikes!!

Anyone here get it??? Sully?? Korvac???

Maybe it's time to sell 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1855147-TTA35.jpg

Just a Good range book with the bottom staple popped but it was nice to finally read the only Ant-Man issue I've never read yet.

Dumb Marvel had the Ants making honey. foreheadslap.gif

1855147-TTA35.jpg.43fd5a031a51a777f825594caffb9b9b.jpg

Ya mean ants don't make honey? 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif Stan's imagination was never in question, but his scientific knowledge at times was quite suspect 893naughty-thumb.gif Congrats on a nice key book thumbsup2.gif

I just need a VG range 40 to complete the run from 35 - 101 now.

yay.gif

Last one is always a toughy... frustrated.gif

Thanks Bill!! I can thank/blame Pym for this!! "Join the #59-101 set", he says never suspecting that my competitive nature would force me to keep buying ultra HG TTA's until the #1 spot was mine acclaim.gifcloud9.gif The TTA monkey is firmly on my back insane.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Thanks Bill!! I can thank/blame Pym for this!! "Join the #59-101 set", he says never suspecting that my competitive nature would force me to keep buying ultra HG TTA's until the #1 spot was mine acclaim.gifcloud9.gif The TTA monkey is firmly on my back insane.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Korvac, you know it all makes so much sense. thumbsup2.gif

It's a great set, and it looks like your pulling together one of the more premier runs together! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Though it's mindful to know, doing some quick sums, I think Doug tops out at about 25,000 points for his mostly PC run of 59-101. The rest of the mere mortals are squabbling around the half way mark of that total. Scary thought.

Though I did chuckle when he put his TTA #50 9.8 up in his general sale area a little while back. I think he put an asking price of $8,000 on it.

Now I not sure what noxious plants grow in Florida, but that day I reckon dougy boy had been smoking a good amount of them. foreheadslap.gif

Oh ya, did anyone clock that sale of a TTA#93 9.6 on Pedigree the other week.

The price was a huge jump, but it looks like the guy at Socal comics sold his copy form the Hollywood hills collection for a similar amount a little while earlier. He'd been asking $3,200, and sold for $2,500. And then the copy on doug's site went for $2,850. Both copies were W pages, but the HH copy had a insane.gif miswrap happening.

I know the issue has a Surfer tie in, but still it has to impact on the rest of the run to some dgree of another. As $3000 will get you a #59 in 9.6...hich is a hugely under rated SA key. Not to mention #60. They look like bargain prices in comparison to the #93.