• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Yes, a very cool cover and congrats on the nice pick-ups.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty content for the time being given some of the cool books I have picked up recently. Have some nice mini runs with my TTA's and TOS's.

Two of my favorite titles.

I'm kind of partial to the Split covers of TTA (59-69), but like the later covers of TOS (when it's not a spit cover).

Nice book, KOR. 893applaud-thumb.gif

... acclaim.gif

I got FFB's seal of approval! Wow! cool.gif Never thought that would happen.

Thanks FFB headbang.gif

i'm looking at that cover and am now convinced that is one of the few TTA's i don't own............ 893whatthe.gif (even though my lists suggest that i've got it - just doesn't look at all familiar..............)

Check this one out.

Apparently it's the White Mountain copy (looks like it and the label says so).

The interesting thing is that the original purchaser of the book had a YEAR F$RT when he put the two digit year code on the book.

TTA #46

Check this one out.

Apparently it's the White Mountain copy (looks like it and the label says so).

The interesting thing is that the original purchaser of the book had a YEAR F$RT when he put the two digit year code on the book.

TTA #46

Is it just me or why haven't I seen issues 46 and 52 before? I can't recall when I have ever seen them posted on these boards? What's the deal with "62" being written on a "63" comic book? Not familar with the particulars of the White Mountain Pedigree. Looks like a reasonable asking price to doesn't it, especially for a pedigree?

What's the deal with "62" being written on a "63" comic book?

That's what's interesting. He forgot what year it was. tonofbricks.gif

And definitely a nice CGC 8.0. Yes, it has some Marvel tears but I've seen 9.0's with worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or why haven't I seen issues 46 and 52 before?

Very cool that a 46 and 52 got posted here in quick succession. They are not books that appear often.

Actually, I bought drummy's #46 in CGC 8.5 about a month ago on eBay, and WAC just sold a #46 CGC 9.0 on eBay last week.

#52 is a very cool book (I've got the White Mountain copy) and clearly would be one of the last TTA's I would sell (not that I'm selling any at this time).

Steve I see you have upgraded the census with a couple of early high grade books, are these recent purchases? I also notice that you do not have an issue #94 which I also need and there is one coming up in the May Heritage auction. En garde.

Almost all of these have been bought in the past six months. I just picked up the #41 CGC 9.4 this week from Doug (so that's the newest issue).

Actually it's issue number #95 that I need. There is one on ComicLink and one Meto, but yes, there is one in Heritage's auction. There's nothing special about that issue, so I have no worries that I'll get a copy in the next few months. If it was the last issue I needed I would already have a copy, but there are a few earlier issues I need and getting a nice #27 in CGC 8.0 might be several years in the process.

cloud9.gif I would like to finish off #35-101 this year.