• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Your late run Planets sure are pretty.  I thought I remembered you saying they were from a pedigree, but I can’t recall which one. 

These 5 are all Spokanes.

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

Day 7

Let’s face it, there is a long list of Planets that are tough. There is also an equally long list of Planets that are in abundant supply. Planet 6 is on the first list. Overstreet and Gerber concur on its difficulty.  This book has some of the Cherished reds we all wish were on our FH books. I like the odd angles of this cover and the multiple levels of action going on. Take a deep look at the cover, you might see some things you don’t notice at a first glance. Lastly, White pages which are a real joy for any GA book.

34B093BF-8167-414B-AE75-CADB952932F3.jpeg.855fa3598455a0b74719d176ec25d686.jpeg

I still believe this was the single biggest steal of the Church auction. 

12 hours ago, kelholt said:

Day 8

I will say that I think 14 is more tough/rare/difficult than the notoriously elusive 15 IMO, even more so in grade.

Kind of surprised I didn’t get any friendly debate on this comment.....🤔

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Impossible to follow that, but a book a day is the name of the quarantine game.
The book that completed the rivets for me. Thanks to a boardie.

7A6AD605-B3B4-4BCB-93A4-5E08334D7154.jpeg

That is such a great cover. The alien is cool and you can see a few more of him in the background. The space ship shape/design and the Bubble helmets are so classic (thumbsu

13 hours ago, kelholt said:

Day 8

This book needs no introduction. The scan speaks for itself. I will say that I think 14 is more tough/rare/difficult than the notoriously elusive 15 IMO, even more so in grade.

A3F74D2C-B515-4DFE-B7E0-9BA0F933E8D1.jpeg.df8aa573e456fab0b63504f9151d3af8.jpeg

43 minutes ago, kelholt said:

Kind of surprised I didn’t get any friendly debate on this comment.....🤔

Is it “friendly debate” to agree with you? :bigsmile:  I absolutely think 14 is harder to find than 15, and especially in grade. They are the 2 toughest Planets for sure, and in my mind, 14 takes the cake. 

I would probably put 17 in the 3rd spot in terms of hardest to find. 

You’re copy is special. Until only very recently, I know that only the Church copy was graded higher. A very special book you’ve got there.