• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Spyder! said:

For day 5, one of my favorite covers.

planet10ii.jpg

I really like 10 also. Dan Zolnerowich is the man. The aliens eyes alone would have made me put down 10cents for this one if I saw it on the rack or clipped up along the comic line at a newsstand back in the 40’s. The black cover sets the stage and makes all the other colors pop 👍🏻

Edited by kelholt
Spelling

10 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Planet Comics #24 CGC 8.0.JPG

4 hours ago, kelholt said:

I watch for a ton of Planets and 24 is one I don’t see often, and even more difficult to locate 7.0 and above.

Nice book :golfclap:

Great book. And I agree, 24 is very hard to find.  Right up there with some of the tougher rivet issues for scarcity. 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:49 PM, Spyder! said:

For day 5, one of my favorite covers.

planet10ii.jpg

Love that one. It had me at the lightning bolt eyes. Finally got a copy at Terry's show in January. I have to say though, it left me a little cold when I actually got the time to read it. Stories inside just didn't live up to the cover. I prefer the #30's-#50's for content.

2 hours ago, kelholt said:

Day 6

I will follow the Planet 3 above with a black background book of my own.  My Planet 25 is a book that is mid grade. Nice black background and cover drawn by Dan Zolnerowich. This book I am a bit sentimental about because it is the first GA book I ever bought. Love it purple label and all :cloud9:

207FBC53-C790-4976-8C54-50CBD303BE31.jpeg.8b8bf995b0aa871df0558135c46e463b.jpeg

Nice square cut on a book that is all too often severely miscut.