• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hard to find in any grade. 

IMG_1782.JPG.fa26d28ab2f84be142189bcd9f93214e.JPG

Wise words, very tough book. Zolnerowich cover with a black background hard to find this nice too.

2 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Three nice upgrades for me and one more spot filled in my Planet run.   Feeling a little broke after these purchases, but happy to have won them :)

pla1_1350a.jpg

Hello, I was the underbidder. Figured it was you!! No worries, I disembarked that plane and boarded the plane headed for #10.

Nice books, Jason.

2 hours ago, kelholt said:

Wise words, very tough book. Zolnerowich cover with a black background hard to find this nice too.

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

..and that copy presents beautifully as well.

Thanks Kelly and Flex! I agree, the book presents very nicely. It really is one of the cooler and unique covers from the rivet run, IMO. In an ideal world, the "slightly" brittle pages would be white pages, but I think it hammered at a more-than-reasonable price.

39 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks Kelly and Flex! I agree, the book presents very nicely. It really is one of the cooler and unique covers from the rivet run, IMO. In an ideal world, the "slightly" brittle pages would be white pages, but I think it hammered at a more-than-reasonable price.

GAtor has said a few times that 'slightly brittle' could just mean a corner, rather than the entire book. Entirely acceptable in a rare book such as this.

7 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

GAtor has said a few times that 'slightly brittle' could just mean a corner, rather than the entire book. Entirely acceptable in a rare book such as this.

Good to know Flex! That does sound better for sure.

And we all trust GAtor , right?  :kidaround:

4 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Three nice upgrades for me and one more spot filled in my Planet run.   Feeling a little broke after these purchases, but happy to have won them :)

pla1_1347a.jpg

This was a great deal, even at the hammer price IMHO. Excellent eye-appeal and superb color. I know for some, detached covers are a deal breaker, but I know I'd take a copy like this over a washed out 5.0 with the cover attached. 

5 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

pla1_1347a.jpg

pla1_1350a.jpg

pla1_1360a.jpg

pla1_1372a.jpg

NIce group of books. 4 and 7 have great colors, 17 is a toughie and 29. I might be in the minority, but 29 is my favorite of your group. Just a greatly drawn cover with great composition and coloring. Lots of details in the cover, one being the "wing tips" on the girls shoes.

7 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

pla1_1347a.jpg

pla1_1350a.jpg

pla1_1360a.jpg

pla1_1372a.jpg

nice pick ups. I was interested in the 29.