• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

OK, I've finally joined the Planet club...just got this...not the best cover, or the most valuable, or the scarcest...but I like it, and it was graded (but I yanked it out of the holder lol ).

33920154185_0179e3ecbe_c.jpg

Very nice book. I am a fan of this cover too. So much going on, would've taken my dime if  saw on the newsstand.

Welcome to the Planet Club. You will join and never want to leave (thumbsu

1 minute ago, kelholt said:

Very nice book. I am a fan of this cover too. So much going on, would've taken my dime if  saw on the newsstand.

Welcome to the Planet Club. You will join and never want to leave (thumbsu

I may not want to leave, but the prices might keep me from getting any more of them... lol  I got a good deal on this one, so I couldn't pass it up. 

4 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

OK, I've finally joined the Planet club...just got this...not the best cover, or the most valuable, or the scarcest...but I like it, and it was graded (but I yanked it out of the holder lol ).

33920154185_0179e3ecbe_c.jpg

Nice one Brian. Rarely see that one for sale. I rarely get many any more. Threads like this one are really driving the prices up. I did fill 3 holes in my run at WonderCon last week though.

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice one Brian. Rarely see that one for sale. I rarely get many any more. Threads like this one are really driving the prices up. I did fill 3 holes in my run at WonderCon last week though.

Really?  There are 7 for sale right now on ebay.  I think it must be one of the more common issues.   The nicest copy for a reasonable price is a 5.5 from My Comic Shop and is listed at $360 (probably much lower on their website).  It looks nicer than mine, which was graded a 6.5.  Of course, being a bottom feeder, I only paid $175 shipped. hm

Congrats on your scores at Wunder Con...I wish I could have gone, but I've quit going to the non-comic comic cons... lol

Edited by tricolorbrian

4 hours ago, comicjack said:

Looks pretty nice to me has the girl in trouble with great colors 

To me it looks like she's handling things pretty well. With a gun, and sandals no less! Great colors btw.

I would like one in higher grade, but they seem to all go for 2x BV.  This book has great structure and the green's and reds are very rich.  I would love any feedback on why this book was so downgraded.  The back cover is really clean.  Either way, I'm very happy with this book in hand.  If you all have a 73 that you could post for comparison - I'd like to like to view them - thanks

Planet Comics 73 Fiction House  55.jpg