• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

What makes you think it was downgraded? It looks nice sure enough, just on face value it appears higher  based on your front cover pic.

I have 2 questions for you. First, did you own the book raw, and if you did you must know the book intimately thereby rendering the question moot?

Second, if you bought it already slabbed, did you acquire grader's notes which would give you a good indication of the mean-ish appearing grade?

(thumbsu

14 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

What makes you think it was downgraded? It looks nice sure enough, just on face value it appears higher  based on your front cover pic.

I have 2 questions for you. First, did you own the book raw, and if you did you must know the book intimately thereby rendering the question moot?

Second, if you bought it already slabbed, did you acquire grader's notes which would give you a good indication of the mean-ish appearing grade?

(thumbsu

I won this thru C - Link.  I don't have the grader's note on the planet either.

14 hours ago, cupny1 said:

I won this thru C - Link.  I don't have the grader's note on the planet either.

Don't quote me on this but I think you may be able to purchase them from CGC for about 5 bucks.

2 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Alright...What the heck?  Did Planet comics always have covers that had nothing to do with the interior stories?  I just read #62 on line and there were no Blue guys or any dudes with Prison numbers tattooed on their chests...:whatthe:

what??? A comic whose cover isn't about the story inside? I have never heard of this before.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, tricolorbrian said:

OK, I've finally joined the Planet club...just got this...not the best cover, or the most valuable, or the scarcest...but I like it, and it was graded 6.5 (but I yanked it out of the holder lol ).

33920154185_0179e3ecbe_c.jpg

Here is my 62:

PlanetComics62raw60_zpsa130f07d.jpg

the other is from my complete collection of Canadian Editions, and the issue one shares the same cover as the 62:

Planet Comics CDN set.JPG

Edited by Artboy99

On 4/13/2017 at 8:57 PM, Artboy99 said:

Love the colors on your copy, so dark! Here is mine which is also a 7.5:

PlanetComics8CGC75front_zpsde596836.jpg

Mine comes in at a 6.0. Some ink scuffing on her thigh, but as long as my rivets are pink, I'm happy!

Planet_8_300_5w8q_zpsx5twcyfa.jpg

51 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

fabulous

Thanks Artboy!

Your copy (and Comic Jack's copy) are also pretty fab. 

Interesting, I always thought that the mascara-like appearance around her eyes was another printer's smudge/error, but after seeing yours and Jack's side by side, now I think it was all part of the artist's cunning plan. 

Planet 8 was the last issue I found to complete my 1-10 run; finally obtained a nice copy (albeit slightly restored) that I am very happy with (great issue!).

02aae18c-6dd0-4564-b690-73871f8c129e_zps

Edited by sacentaur