• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

17 and 13 are both pretty tough to locate, especially the #13, congrats

I bet we are fighting each other on the 29 on CC, huh? :slapfight:

I am staying out of everybody's way on the 33. I think its gonna continue to get up there though.

I planned to bid on the 29...

I'll win it and we can discuss a trade for your better 17 :baiting:

Speaking of ratty.... :shy:

My first coverless book is a Planet :banana:

Never know when I'm gonna be able to get a nice # 30 on my budget. This book has no front cover. It has a back cover which is pretty horrible, but the guts of the book are complete, with nothing missing or loose and perfectly enjoyable and readable. It may be a humble offering but I love it. It will do for now.

000_0005_zpsanwmevkk.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67b_zpskjtwpmfr.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67d_zpsjtpaebil.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67f_zpsfmf0n0kd.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67h_zpscdzfkrv0.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67c_zps4tjs5gku.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67g_zpsr3xjfrr2.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67e_zpsrobnqwth.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67i_zps7uhsa1s0.jpg

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67j_zpsauetauik.jpg

It's so cute today to see those pre 1960's stories with the various forms of possible life on Venus.

Almost as much fun as when someone lands their spacecraft on a gas giant like Jupiter.

Have the top 10 best Planet covers ever been hashed out?

don't think so.

I've seen many I'd like to own and I do value the opinions of others here in the GA section (more so than my own at times) I think a poll would be a great idea. Sure would be very interesting results

don't think so.

I've seen many I'd like to own and I do value the opinions of others here in the GA section (more so than my own at times) I think a poll would be a great idea. Sure would be very interesting results

It would be very interesting indeed. Anyone willing to set it up?

don't think so.

It would be very interesting indeed. Anyone willing to set it up?

I'll try, but might need suggestions or a little help. Lets see how it goes. Polls are not my strongest attribute.

I picked up this rare Canadian edition of Planet Comics from Heritage recently, and wanted to thank Jason ( jhutton2 ) for the tip on the availability of the book. I don't always check the weekly auctions so I probably would have missed it:

Planet%20Comics%202%20Canadian_zps0fvmnvgz.jpg

Decent looking copy that I think fits in perfectly with the other 3 issues I have and completes the Canadian Edition set:

Planet%20Comics%20CDN%20set_zpsbtn73yik.jpg

:applause:

Glad you were able to win it! It looks great in your set :)

Thank you my friend

1944%20PLANET%20030-53.67i_zps7uhsa1s0.jpg

Fun read on that coverless - FYI, that's the wrong back cover for the book (from an earlier time period).

lol Y'know I noticed that myself but then got distracted by something and forgot about it. It's not that big a deal because I bought the book as coverless and complete and didn't expect there to be a back cover on it, pity it's the wrong one but at least the innards are genuine :)