• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crack

88 posts in this topic

I'm inspired!

I've toyed with the idea of cracking out the handful of FF slabs I have, but I chicken out.

I'm doin' it!

Have fun!

I didn't start this post to try to convince anyone that raw is better than slabbed, or vice versa. I think you should collect in whatever way makes you the happiest. I have a bunch of books that I can't bring myself to crack out yet, either because I may consider selling them or I feel that the holder has an extreme effect on the value. But if you are considering cracking and are comfortable doing it then by all means free those funnybooks. There is definitely an extra joy in holding them and flipping through the pages.

rawboxes.jpeg

rawtimely.jpeg

I dont see the #1 or any more-funs (shrug) Richard when i see the #1 unslabed then i will know ur set dropt lol

Most of the More Funs are right behind the Master 11 in the fourth box. I haven't yet cracked the 65 or 69 though I definitely plan to do so. I haven't cracked the Marvel 1 and may not. I have had a few copies before and the one I have now has a bit of a thin spine. I worry that handling it may not be the best idea, so it is going to stay in the holder for now.

rawboxes.jpeg

rawtimely.jpeg

I dont see the #1 or any more-funs (shrug) Richard when i see the #1 unslabed then i will know ur set dropt lol

Most of the More Funs are right behind the Master 11 in the fourth box. I haven't yet cracked the 65 or 69 though I definitely plan to do so. I haven't cracked the Marvel 1 and may not. I have had a few copies before and the one I have now has a bit of a thin spine. I worry that handling it may not be the best idea, so it is going to stay in the holder for now.

(thumbs u

There is definitely an extra joy in holding them and flipping through the pages.

You finally came round to realizing it. :headbang:

There is definitely an extra joy in holding them and flipping through the pages.

I realized it before you even knew there was a golden age. :headbang:

I just had to spend a few years quantifying my junk.

That's a lot of labels to mail to FL ... Will you?

I keep the labels with the books. The grades haven't changed, other than the Airfighters, which I did return.

I know. I just had to :baiting: you about it. :P

You trading all that in for a score ?

Nope, just enjoying them raw after years of looking at them through plastic.

I hate to think how much lower the grades are now! :cry:

I had one small mishap with a new holder, causing a 1/8" tear on an Airfighters #11. It probably changes the grade from a 9.2 to an 8.5. Pretty much a bummer except I wouldn't sell it anyway so what does it really matter? So one small bit of damage out of approximately 400 books cracked. Not a bad percentage.

Yeah, but now you'll probably start reading them and dumb stuff like that. :D

That's a lot of labels to mail to FL ... Will you?

I keep the labels with the books. The grades haven't changed, other than the Airfighters, which I did return.

lol:roflmao::popcorn: The chance of them getting the sane grade is hm(shrug)

I know. I just had to :baiting: you about it. :P

You darn whippersnapper. :preach:

That looks like a collection I visited back in the 90s. hm

Congratulations! :applause: