• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revel in History - Post your Platinums Here!!!!
3 3

323 posts in this topic

I think it is the most important single comic book printed in America - based on the OO vs Supes thread, considering Obadiah is not a super hero, it is not in 9.6 or 9.8 (where is 9.7, is what i want to know), i would say you need to be the judge of what you offered me to part with it.

A lot of progress was made the past few months educating more collectors

One has to get them to the point of recognizing a comic book when they see it

so what the heck does this count as? 1360221-PICT0039.JPG

For Sale.....make me an offer....it's kind of a curiosity item

Showcase-4 poke2.gif

Collin,

I only buy keys --- for 52 times guide. Since this is not a key, although a very cool item, your best bet would be to list this on Ebay in the Platinum Age section. thumbsup2.gif

so what the heck does this count as? 1360221-PICT0039.JPG

For Sale.....make me an offer....it's kind of a curiosity item

Showcase-4 poke2.gif

Collin,

I only buy keys --- for 52 times guide. Since this is not a key, although a very cool item, your best bet would be to list this on Ebay in the Platinum Age section. thumbsup2.gif

since when did you pay over guide.... sign-funnypost.gif

this will be a key as soon as I finish my research and get it published poke2.gif

if you click on the attachment, (directly above this ) you will see the #1 Platinum Age book from 1897.....The Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats. One of the most important and rare comic books of any time period --- a true Mega-key.

There are approx 10-12 copies thought to be in existence, and due to the books soft cover, it is very condition sensitive. It has 196 pages including the cover, and is square bound. The main reason I love this book, which was bought earlier this year, is it does not have any of the "is it a comic book?" controversy surrounding it like some other books from this and earlier time periods. It is universally excepted as the great, great comic book that it truly is.

If you stumble across a copy in your journeys, you know who to call.

1363875-11225_32012_1.jpg.e2493c30709d2db30615d9eea2da1f09.jpg

Edited by showcase-4

Are there reprints, preferably cover to cover and not expensive, available?

If not, any plans to make a reprint available? (Mostly directed to Bob B.) Did Castelli [?] et al make enough money on Obadiah to try again? It seems that Yellow Kid has more name recognition and would sell more copies. The book certainly better accepted here as a "real" comic book.

Jack

Maybe people think that colorful nightshirt is a cape.

if you click on the attachment, (directly above this ) you will see the #1 Platinum Age book from 1897.....The Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats. One of the most important and rare comic books of any time period --- a true Mega-key.

There are approx 10-12 copies thought to be in existence, and due to the books soft cover, it is very condition sensitive. It has 196 pages including the cover, and is square bound. The main reason I love this book, which was bought earlier this year, is it does not have any of the "is it a comic book?" controversy surrounding it like some other books from this and earlier time periods. It is universally excepted as the great, great comic book that it truly is.

Are there reprints, preferably cover to cover and not expensive, available?

If not, any plans to make a reprint available? (Mostly directed to Bob B.) Did Castelli [?] et al make enough money on Obadiah to try again? It seems that Yellow Kid has more name recognition and would sell more copies. The book certainly better accepted here as a "real" comic book.

Jack

Maybe people think that colorful nightshirt is a cape.

Jack,

to the best of my knowledge, there is no McFadden's Flats reprint. It seems strange that some obscure books from this period have been reprinted, but not this one ( again, as far as I know ). Perhaps you are onto something.....find a need and fill it...one of the keys to wealth! thumbsup2.gif

If you print it, they will buy

Edited by showcase-4