• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

@bentbryan I am f^&*ing dying from your post. That's the funniest frickin' thing I have seen in awhile.

I bet someone saw that post and reacted appropriately

shocked.gif.ff9abeb6975355858de1238ddf0b2add.gif

"How dare you refer to me as being triggered to something I am conveying I am triggered over. NOW I'M TRIGGERED!"

:ohnoez:

9DCA51EB-8F50-42B1-AD5B-EA2F93CC9DEA.thumb.jpeg.e185dd20144ff637b64450fe26366218.jpeg
 Nothing wrong with looking or being smitten. What’s wrong is using positional power as leverage over a co-worker in order to get them to go out with you. Maybe that’s what Superman didn’t understand when he questioned the values of #metoo. The fact is he didn’t understand and had to apologize which is a deeper problem. 

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

9DCA51EB-8F50-42B1-AD5B-EA2F93CC9DEA.thumb.jpeg.e185dd20144ff637b64450fe26366218.jpeg
 Nothing wrong with looking or being smitten. What’s wrong is using positional power as leverage over a co-worker in order to get them to go out with you. Maybe that’s what Superman didn’t understand when he questioned the values of #metoo. The fact is he didn’t understand and had to apologize which is a deeper problem. 

:roflmao:

"A women should be treated respectfully and equally, no matter the situation"

MCU actor does something not in the best light

"Hey, they were there. No reason not to look!"

I think your big shoes only enhance the clown dance

emotion01.gif.eb5aa16efe682c020cd1b715a815b447.gif

18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

"Maybe" followed by "fact", hmm?

Do you ever get woozy from all of the spinning?

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

"Maybe" followed by "fact", hmm?

Do you ever get woozy from all of the spinning?

Thanks, I didn't mean to say "fact" as I can't be sure of Cavill's mindset. But from his statement regarding #metoo, either he was too dumb to understand what a lot of women and even some men have to deal with in the workplace(yes even at Warner Bros, Henry) or still didn't care if it got in the way of him hitting on young women just getting started in the business. Either way, for me, it disqualifies him to continue playing the most popular superhero ever. Move on, find a better person to be Kal-El.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

"A women should be treated respectfully and equally, no matter the situation"

MCU actor does something not in the best light

"Hey, they were there. No reason not to look!"

I think your big shoes only enhance the clown dance

Sorry, but Chris Evans getting caught in a snapshot glancing at Elizabeth's Olsen's cleavage isn't sexual harassment. Being attracted to someone in the workplace isn't sexual harassment. It requires more deliberate action beyond a cursory glance. Sexual harassment is a bit of an umbrella term that covers a lot of things, but what Chris did in the above photo ain't it. Perhaps you don't understand what it is and what the #metoomovement stands for?

Nice try though trying to whitewash Henry Cavill's shady stance on respect for women in the workplace by trying to muddy an innocent picture of Earth's Mightiest Heroes doing a photo op.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Sorry, but Chris Evans getting caught in a snapshot glancing at Elizabeth's Olsen's cleavage isn't sexual harassment. Being attracted to someone in the workplace isn't sexual harassment. It requires more deliberate action beyond a cursory glance. Sexual harassment is a bit of an umbrella term that covers a lot of things, but what Chris did in the above photo ain't it. Perhaps you don't understand what it is and what the #metoomovement stands for?

Nice try though trying to whitewash Henry Cavill's shady stance on respect for women in the workplace by trying to muddy an innocent picture of Earth's Mightiest Heroes doing a photo op.

I get you selectively lock in on a given actor or studio and attribute the worst to them when you want to pitch your negative 'misogynist' concerns. I'm sure that game works with some.

Here's the reality: Henry Cavill gave an interview back in 2018 where he clumsily responded to a question. And he came back to this rapidly to address it. ONE TIME! This never came up again. Yet you want to make drama out of this. That's sad!

Henry Cavill Instantly Apologizes for Cringe-Worthy #MeToo Remarks

“Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention. In light of this, I would just like to clarify and confirm to all that I have always and will continue to hold women in the highest regard, no matter the type of relationship, whether it be friendship, professional, or a significant other,” Cavill said in his Thursday statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Never would I intend to disrespect in any way, shape, or form. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson as to the context and the nuance of editorial liberties. I look forward to clarifying my position in the future toward a subject that is so vitally important and in which I wholeheartedly support.”

“The context and the nuance of editorial liberties,” hm? Interesting. In the GQ interview, the actor was asked what he had learned from the #MeToo movement, the sort of question regularly being asked in celebrity interviews these days. Cavill began by noting that things in the industry definitely have to change, and that he’s never been around people who might have behaved inappropriately. That said, Cavill continued, he hopes that the movement will spare some elements of the culture—specifically, good old-fashioned flirting.

“There’s something wonderful about a man chasing a woman,” he said. “There’s a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I’m old-fashioned for thinking that.”

It must not be that big a concern for you as then you wrote off Chris Evans standing there ogling a fellow female cast mate as perfectly acceptable. Which is not what Henry Cavill even came close to implying was acceptable.

chrisevans.thumb.jpg.5d80e202760ff867a2db6382c60d7b74.jpg

So where Cavill was explaining wooing a woman (seeking her affection) but stating it not the best way, you are totally okay if a man stands there staring at a woman's breasts like that? Sorry, but you are a classic SJW that selective picks offenses based on who is involved. Not the action itself.

30 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Thanks, I didn't mean to say "fact" as I can't be sure of Cavill's mindset. But from his statement regarding #metoo, either he was too dumb to understand what a lot of women and even some men have to deal with in the workplace(yes even at Warner Bros, Henry) or still didn't care if it got in the way of him hitting on young women just getting started in the business. Either way, for me, it disqualifies him to continue playing the most popular superhero ever. Move on, find a better person to be Kal-El.

Funny how you try to make things black and white. Hint: Things are almost never just 'this' or 'that'.

Your statement is absolutely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Funny how you try to make things black and white. Hint: Things are almost never just 'this' or 'that'.

Your statement is absolutely ridiculous.

Clowns like this are what cause the excessive drama and distract from the real social causes requiring attention. Dogs chasing tires and not knowing what to do with them in the end.

dogchasingtires.gif.7e86eb1446a85ec0138848fa5f97abf5.gif

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Here's the reality: Henry Cavill gave an interview back in 2018 where he clumsily responded to a question. And he came back to this rapidly to address it. ONE TIME! This never came up again. Yet you want to make drama out of this. That's sad!

Henry Cavill Instantly Apologizes for Cringe-Worthy #MeToo Remarks

“Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention. In light of this, I would just like to clarify and confirm to all that I have always and will continue to hold women in the highest regard, no matter the type of relationship, whether it be friendship, professional, or a significant other,” Cavill said in his Thursday statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Never would I intend to disrespect in any way, shape, or form. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson as to the context and the nuance of editorial liberties. I look forward to clarifying my position in the future toward a subject that is so vitally important and in which I wholeheartedly support.”

“The context and the nuance of editorial liberties,” hm? Interesting. In the GQ interview, the actor was asked what he had learned from the #MeToo movement, the sort of question regularly being asked in celebrity interviews these days. Cavill began by noting that things in the industry definitely have to change, and that he’s never been around people who might have behaved inappropriately. That said, Cavill continued, he hopes that the movement will spare some elements of the culture—specifically, good old-fashioned flirting.

“There’s something wonderful about a man chasing a woman,” he said. “There’s a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I’m old-fashioned for thinking that.”

Cavill can apologize with a PR savvy statement one hundred times if he likes. He "clumsily" said what was in his head and heart the first time, and in doing so, stupidly criticized a movement that was at that same time giving thousands of women across the country the collective strength to stand up and speak out on their personal experience with sexual harassment or rape. If I was a multi-billion dollar movie studio, I'm not sure I'd want a dimwit(or jerk) like that representing one of my billion dollar IP's.

"There's something wonderful about a man chasing a woman." :facepalm: Had to be one of the worst passive aggressive things one could say when many many women finally felt they had a voice.

18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Cavill can apologize with a PR savvy statement one hundred times if he likes. He "clumsily" said what was in his head and heart the first time, and in doing so, stupidly criticized a movement that was at that same time giving thousands of women across the country the collective strength to stand up and speak out on their personal experience with sexual harassment or rape. If I was a multi-billion dollar movie studio, I'm not sure I'd want a dimwit(or jerk) like that representing one of my billion dollar IP's.

"There's something wonderful about a man chasing a woman." :facepalm: Had to be one of the worst passive aggressive things one could say when many many women finally felt they had a voice.

sjw-1.gif.6eb899736f900998b8ef86a0d17de39f.gif

"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always offended!"

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

sjw-1.gif.6eb899736f900998b8ef86a0d17de39f.gif

"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always offended!"

Not always offended, no. In fact I'm known in my small circle to take hardly anything personally. However, I guess I'm empathetic enough and goshdarnit smart enough to know when statements or scenes from a movie can be offensive. I'm good at editing that way.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not always offended, no. In fact I'm known in my small circle to take hardly anything personally. However, I guess I'm empathetic enough and goshdarnit smart enough to know when statements or scenes from a movie can be offensive. I'm good at editing that way.

I'm sorry. But you need to take this comedy act on the road. Missed opportunity otherwise!

Hey look, here's more stuff to show what a pisser Henry Cavill can be if given the chance. And y'all want this jerk as your Superman?

However, Henry Cavill seemingly doesn’t need anyone else’s help to tank his own interviews. The star of the cumbersomely titled “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has been on a charm offensive to promote his upcoming film, which lands in theaters Friday. The problem is that his press appearances have been more the latter than the former—clumsy, off-putting, and increasingly painful.

Jezebel’s Madeleine Davies offers a helpful rundown of a press tour that’s been a total “disaster.” Cavill has repeatedly reminded everyone that he doesn’t care about what he’s doing, he’s just in it for the money. “I’m not just doing this for the art,” he told Man of the World. “The money’s fantastic and that’s something which I deem… very important.”

Such a remark would seem refreshingly honest if he didn’t go on and on about his lavish lifestyle (spoiler: he loves first-class!), casually lament that NO ONE RECOGNIZED HIM while he trotted around in Times Square, and refer to #OscarsSoWhite as “racist.” “Maybe the solution is to have more diversity in the members,” he remarked to Man of the World. “But does that mean we are saying that to have more black Academy members would result in more black nominations? Is that not racist itself?”

As if to finish off Henry Cavill’s scorched earth campaign against, well, himself, he further told Britain’s The Sunday Times that there’s a “double standard” when it comes to catcalling. “I mean, if a girl shouts something like ‘Oi, love, fancy a shag?’ to me as I walk past I do sometimes wonder how she’d feel if a builder said that to her,” he said. “Although, of course, I wouldn’t feel physically threatened, as she might.”

Edited by @therealsilvermane

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Hey look, here's more stuff to show what a pisser Henry Cavill can be if given the chance. And y'all want this jerk as your Superman?

However, Henry Cavill seemingly doesn’t need anyone else’s help to tank his own interviews. The star of the cumbersomely titled “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has been on a charm offensive to promote his upcoming film, which lands in theaters Friday. The problem is that his press appearances have been more the latter than the former—clumsy, off-putting, and increasingly painful.

Jezebel’s Madeleine Davies offers a helpful rundown of a press tour that’s been a total “disaster.” Cavill has repeatedly reminded everyone that he doesn’t care about what he’s doing, he’s just in it for the money. “I’m not just doing this for the art,” he told Man of the World. “The money’s fantastic and that’s something which I deem… very important.”

Such a remark would seem refreshingly honest if he didn’t go on and on about his lavish lifestyle (spoiler: he loves first-class!), casually lament that NO ONE RECOGNIZED HIM while he trotted around in Times Square, and refer to #OscarsSoWhite as “racist.” “Maybe the solution is to have more diversity in the members,” he remarked to Man of the World. “But does that mean we are saying that to have more black Academy members would result in more black nominations? Is that not racist itself?”

As if to finish off Henry Cavill’s scorched earth campaign against, well, himself, he further told Britain’s The Sunday Times that there’s a “double standard” when it comes to catcalling. “I mean, if a girl shouts something like ‘Oi, love, fancy a shag?’ to me as I walk past I do sometimes wonder how she’d feel if a builder said that to her,” he said. “Although, of course, I wouldn’t feel physically threatened, as she might.”

Chris Evans looks his fellow cast member over like cheap meat and you're totally fine with that. With Henry Cavill though you're going to make sure your SJW needs are met?

jack-nicholson.gif.a157c88f9f607bae1c36a7fbe2c845f2.gif

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Chris Evans looks his fellow cast member over like cheap meat and you're totally fine with that. With Henry Cavill though you're going to make sure your SJW needs are met?

jack-nicholson.gif.a157c88f9f607bae1c36a7fbe2c845f2.gif

See, I read too many comic books as a kid. I especially took stuff like Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow run seriously.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

See, I read too many comic books as a kid. I especially took stuff like Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow run seriously.

If you did, you sure wouldn't act the way you do. But your selective offense practices probably means you read the CliffNotes edition.

14 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Are you using these words hypocritically?