• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Oddball said:

So let me ask you this. Is Cavill being accused of hitting on young women just getting started in the business as you put it? Is he being accused of any misconduct at all? Go ahead and google for a while. There’s nothing wrong with being an Alpha. Nothing wrong with his statement either. Any man with common sense can understand very clearly what he meant. Maybe you and all the others who are fishing to find something to be offended at should reorganize your priorities. And don’t be so sensitive. I’m fairly certain your attitude would be different had that image of Evans been replaced by Cavill. And speaking of apologies, I can google too. Evans and Renner calling BW a slut and a trick? They apologized as well. But I didn’t take offense. I know it was a bad joke. I’ve made plenty of them. Should we delve into more of Marvels actors pasts? I’m sure Downey has a pristine history.

:golfclap:

I just don't understand why some are here trying to pick apart and insult actors from a particular franchise. It's toxic behavior and there really isn't room for that here. 2c

59 minutes ago, Oddball said:

So let me ask you this. Is Cavill being accused of hitting on young women just getting started in the business as you put it? Is he being accused of any misconduct at all? Go ahead and google for a while. There’s nothing wrong with being an Alpha. Nothing wrong with his statement either. Any man with common sense can understand very clearly what he meant. Maybe you and all the others who are fishing to find something to be offended at should reorganize your priorities. And don’t be so sensitive. I’m fairly certain your attitude would be different had that image of Evans been replaced by Cavill. And speaking of apologies, I can google too. Evans and Renner calling BW a slut and a trick? They apologized as well. But I didn’t take offense. I know it was a bad joke. I’ve made plenty of them. Should we delve into more of Marvels actors pasts? I’m sure Downey has a pristine history.

Classic!

:applause:

But hey, between Chris Evans ogling a female cast member and then laughing about a fellow female cast member being called a slut, let's rage over Henry Cavill talking about traditional wooing of a love interest. Some in their small circles have a sensitivity to these things. (:

emotion01.gif.8c9c9ade320de453ad2e85757fbef934.gif

15 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I just don't understand why some are here trying to pick apart and insult actors from a particular franchise. It's toxic behavior and there really isn't room for that here. 2c

vision.thumb.PNG.95b2a225cc0c2739a4326cf0e2fd6560.PNG

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Hasn't someone been on a crusade for 3 years since people "misconstrued" a certain MCU actress' dialogue? Isn't it hypocritical to condemn them and then perform the exact same labor?

hm

:roflmao:

Oh, I know. It was just that last sentence that made me giggle.

32 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Not sure why I bothered to write that out as you won’t change the mind of someone with an agenda. I’m certain he knows the difference between a harmless remark and a harmful one. Maybe this is sour grapes for the Avengers front man Whedon getting roasted in another thread?

2 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Not sure why I bothered to write that out as you won’t change the mind of someone with an agenda. I’m certain he knows the difference between a harmless remark and a harmful one. Maybe this is sour grapes for the Avengers front man Whedon getting roasted in another thread?

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Hasn't someone been on a crusade for 3 years since people "misconstrued" a certain MCU actress' dialogue? Isn't it hypocritical to condemn them and then perform the exact same labor?

hm

Some people actually did misconstrue Brie Larson's speech or did know what she meant but weaponized her words out of context anyway and used it as more "evidence" that there's some crusade to replace white males in our society and to try to say Brie is a reverse racist or something.lol

Regarding Henry Cavill, the guy's not coming back as Superman, that much is evident. Ultimately, I kind of don't care as I don't have any personal fan investment in DC movies anymore. The only things I've seen worth a darn (to me) come out of DC in the past 10 years has been Wonder Woman, Watchmen the HBO series not the movie, and Joker(tentatively). I do admit though that life would be cooler if there was a Superman movie with a Superman we could ALL get behind, not just the Snyder Cut crowd. For me, Henry Cavill has been just joyless to watch as Superman from his first scene in Man of Steel to his last in the Whedon Cut Justice League. Now, I merely stated many posts ago that Cavill is apparently a tool so we're better off moving on to a new actor anyway. Bosco suggested I do further research into his actual words, I did, and it turns out Cavill is an even bigger tool than I thought.

Superman is kinda like God in spandex. He's a superhero who should represent truth, human values, and all that other cheesy stuff. These days, the life of the actor kind of spills over into their movies, particularly these kinds of movies that bring to life modern myths. Tony Stark was an alcoholic and a bit of a d****ebag in the comics, so RDJ was perfect. Brie Larson has been an outspoken feminist in the past so she was kinda perfect casting as Carol Danvers, Marvel's answer to feminism. Gal Gadot was a former beauty queen like Lynda Carter, hailed from a faraway land, and publicly displayed virtue in her real life. She's been perfect as Princess Diana. Henry Cavill, on the other hand, in interview after interview, has displayed insensitivity to #metoo and #Oscarssowhite, boasted about all the money he's making and the lavish lifestyle, complained that people don't recognize him in public yet after being Superman twice, and joked about getting aroused while filming intimate scenes. What? I think you have to be worthy as a person to play the role of comics' most virtuous superhero, but I guess that's just me. Or maybe Warner Bros sees it that way, too. I'm not the one canceling him.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:
Spoiler

Some people did misconstrue Brie Larson's speech or did know what she meant but weaponized her words out of context anyway and used it as more "evidence" that there's some crusade to replace white males in our society and to try to say Brie is a reverse racist or something.lol

Regarding Henry Cavill, the guy's not coming back as Superman, that much is evident. Ultimately, I kind of don't care as I don't have any personal fan investment in DC movies anymore. The only things I've seen worth a darn (to me) come out of DC in the past 10 years has been Wonder Woman, Watchmen, and Joker(tentatively). I admit life would be cooler if there was a Superman movie with a Superman we could ALL get behind, not just the Snyder Cut crowd. For me, Henry Cavill has been just joyless to watch as Superman from his first scene in Man of Steel to his last in the Whedon Cut Justice League. Now, I merely stated many posts ago that Cavill is apparently a tool so we're better off moving on to a new actor anyway. Bosco suggested I do further research into his actual words, I did, and it turns out Cavill is an even bigger tool than I thought.

Superman is kinda like God in spandex. He's a superhero who should represent truth, human values, and all that other cheesy stuff. These days, the life of the actor kind of spills over into their movies, particularly these kinds of movies that bring to life modern myths. Tony Stark was an alcoholic and a bit of a d****ebag in the comics, so RDJ was perfect. Brie Larson has been an outspoken feminist in the past so she was kinda perfect casting as Carol Danvers, Marvel's answer to feminism. Gal Gadot was a former beauty queen like Lynda Carter, hailed from a faraway land, and publicly displayed virtue in her real life. She's been perfect as Princess Diana. Henry Cavill, on the other hand, in interview after interview, has displayed insensitivity to #metoo and #Oscarssowhite, boasted about all the money he's making and the lavish lifestyle, complained that people don't recognize him in public yet after being Superman twice, and joked about getting aroused while filming intimate scenes. What? I think you have to be worthy as a person to play the role of comics' most virtuous superhero, but I guess that just me. Or maybe Warner Bros sees it that way, too. I'm not the one canceling him.

"Yadda, Yadda, Yadda..."

ElderlyFrayedHoopoe-small.gif.4dd56e7af2c727a7eedeeba31a0f72e9.gif

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Some people actually did misconstrue Brie Larson's speech or did know what she meant but weaponized her words out of context anyway and used it as more "evidence" that there's some crusade to replace white males in our society and to try to say Brie is a reverse racist or something.lol

Regarding Henry Cavill, the guy's not coming back as Superman, that much is evident. Ultimately, I kind of don't care as I don't have any personal fan investment in DC movies anymore. The only things I've seen worth a darn (to me) come out of DC in the past 10 years has been Wonder Woman, Watchmen, and Joker(tentatively). I admit life would be cooler if there was a Superman movie with a Superman we could ALL get behind, not just the Snyder Cut crowd. For me, Henry Cavill has been just joyless to watch as Superman from his first scene in Man of Steel to his last in the Whedon Cut Justice League. Now, I merely stated many posts ago that Cavill is apparently a tool so we're better off moving on to a new actor anyway. Bosco suggested I do further research into his actual words, I did, and it turns out Cavill is an even bigger tool than I thought.

Superman is kinda like God in spandex. He's a superhero who should represent truth, human values, and all that other cheesy stuff. These days, the life of the actor kind of spills over into their movies, particularly these kinds of movies that bring to life modern myths. Tony Stark was an alcoholic and a bit of a d****ebag in the comics, so RDJ was perfect. Brie Larson has been an outspoken feminist in the past so she was kinda perfect casting as Carol Danvers, Marvel's answer to feminism. Gal Gadot was a former beauty queen like Lynda Carter, hailed from a faraway land, and publicly displayed virtue in her real life. She's been perfect as Princess Diana. Henry Cavill, on the other hand, in interview after interview, has displayed insensitivity to #metoo and #Oscarssowhite, boasted about all the money he's making and the lavish lifestyle, complained that people don't recognize him in public yet after being Superman twice, and joked about getting aroused while filming intimate scenes. What? I think you have to be worthy as a person to play the role of comics' most virtuous superhero, but I guess that just me. Or maybe Warner Bros sees it that way, too. I'm not the one canceling him.

He signed a 2-film extension last year. Can you be correct about at least 1 thing...? :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

He signed a 2-film extension last year. Can you be correct about at least 1 thing...? :facepalm:

JJ Abrams is recasting for his Superman REBOOT. Plus, WeGotThisCovered said Cavill is done as the Big Blue so I'm taking that as gospel.