• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

JJ Abrams is recasting for his Superman REBOOT. Plus, WeGotThisCovered said Cavill is done as the Big Blue so I'm taking that as gospel.

emotion01.gif.14d0d03fb007f5a2d6af3d67ce3a6613.gif

The forum gift that keeps on giving

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

"Yadda, Yadda, Yadda..."

ElderlyFrayedHoopoe-small.gif.4dd56e7af2c727a7eedeeba31a0f72e9.gif

Oh right, your limited attention span doesn't let you get past more than a couple episodes of WandaVision before falling asleep. Next time I'll respond in the form of a dirty limerick or something.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

JJ Abrams is recasting for his Superman REBOOT. Plus, WeGotThisCovered said Cavill is done as the Big Blue so I'm taking that as gospel.

It's as much a "Superman REBOOT" as The Batman is a "REBOOT". Hint: Neither actor is done with their current role. :facepalm:

:eyeroll:

Let's start with 1. State just 1 thing correctly.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Oh right, your limited attention span doesn't let you get past more than a couple episodes of WandaVision before falling asleep. Next time I'll respond in the form of a dirty limerick or something.

"In my small circle I am known for picking up on such things..."

1877292294_Babylaughinganimatedgif.gif.bd9608694281be742de052797568e576.gif

:roflmao:

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You know, if you spent MORE TIME just having a decent conversation and less about toxic competition, we all really could have a great time chatting comic book productions.

It is so obvious what you attempt every time. And especially the more frictional accusations when it comes to accusing someone of being a misogynist. Why not just drop that and allow everyone a chance to enjoy what they like, and disregard what they don't?

I’m always loathe to get into these conversations for fear that they are dangerously close to the dreaded p word, but...

Henry Cavill said something insensitive. When his attention was called to what he said he immediately and completely apologized.  Chris Evan’s said something inappropriate about the Black Widow character.  When his attention was called to what he said he immediately and completely apologized. The only way my opinion of either of those actors would go down is if this behavior became a pattern.

The pattern of this kind of behavior is what is giving Whedon and Carano problems.  It somehow has not given Renner problems.  You want to go after someone who hasn’t been taken to task enough it’s Renner.

2 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I’m always loathe to get into these conversations for fear that they are dangerously close to the dreaded p word, but...

Henry Cavill said something insensitive. When his attention was called to what he said he immediately and completely apologized.  Chris Evan’s said something inappropriate about the Black Widow character.  When his attention was called to what he said he immediately and completely apologized. The only way my opinion of either of those actors would go down is if this behavior became a pattern.

The pattern of this kind of behavior is what is giving Whedon and Carano problems.  It somehow has not given Renner problems.  You want to go after someone who hasn’t been taken to task enough it’s Renner.

I just think that it's better to stay on the topic of whatever project the thread happens to be for. Criticism of the film, story, performances, etc, are all on the table. When we get personal about performers, it's just as taboo as attacking one another, IMO.

All performers are allowed their own opinions. If their opinions don't affect the production, then leave them alone. 2c

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion01.gif.14d0d03fb007f5a2d6af3d67ce3a6613.gif

The forum gift that keeps on giving

I know that’s either from a Gerry Anderson show or Team Force America (or whatever that movie was called) but man that gif is nightmare fuel. 

3 hours ago, Oddball said:

So let me ask you this. Is Cavill being accused of hitting on young women just getting started in the business as you put it? Is he being accused of any misconduct at all? Go ahead and google for a while. There’s nothing wrong with being an Alpha. Nothing wrong with his statement either. Any man with common sense can understand very clearly what he meant. Maybe you and all the others who are fishing to find something to be offended at should reorganize your priorities. And don’t be so sensitive. I’m fairly certain your attitude would be different had that image of Evans been replaced by Cavill. And speaking of apologies, I can google too. Evans and Renner calling BW a slut and a trick? They apologized as well. But I didn’t take offense. I know it was a bad joke. I’ve made plenty of them. Should we delve into more of Marvels actors pasts? I’m sure Downey has a pristine history.

No, Cavill himself said in another interview I read yesterday (it's an easy google) that he prefers younger women starting out in the business because a lot of more seasoned industry people like him have too busy schedules. As far as I know, Cavill isn't accused of any wrongdoing or sexual harassment of any kind.

I don't really care actually if Cavill stays on as Superman or not. I'm not fan invested in DC movies anymore. I'm all Marvel (though I personally might give another Superman movie a chance if Cavill is no longer in the role because I just don't like him as Superman).

What I'm saying is Cavill has a pattern of saying insensitive things since he's been Superman such as questioning the validity of #metoo and #Oscarssowhite, two movements that mean a lot to a lot of people. He hasn't said anything controversial recently as far as I know and even came out in support of Black Lives Matter last year. But when in the spotlight and being interviewed, he seems to be rather insensitive in some of his comments and the media isn't afraid to print it. Saying you prefer them young isn't necessarily a crime, but it can be a red flag. So can a pattern of insensitive statements. Cavill was the face(or still is the face?) of one of Warner Bros most important intellectual properties, Superman. The ambassadorship of Superman doesn't end when the cameras stop rolling. Cavill has got to portray a nice guy in public, too, which I don't think he has with his insensitive comments. It's a red flag.

If I was WB and I was aware of Cavill's tendency to say stupid s**t in public and I also had a way out, as in his contract is up and his portrayal of said IP hasn't directly resulted in big BO returns or overwhelming fan enthusiasm outside of DC fanboys, I'd choose the way out and drop Cavill and recast the character. Warner Bros is ditching the Zack Snyder continuous universe anyway. Keep the people who aren't controversial, Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa, and ditch the rest and chalk it up to a multiverse or something.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:
Spoiler

No, Cavill himself said in another interview I read yesterday (it's an easy google) that he prefers younger women starting out in the business because a lot of more seasoned industry people like him have too busy schedules. As far as I know, Cavill isn't accused of any wrongdoing or sexual harassment of any kind.

I don't really care actually if Cavill stays on as Superman or not. I'm not fan invested in DC movies anymore. I'm all Marvel (though I personally might give another Superman movie a chance if Cavill is no longer in the role because I just don't like him as Superman).

What I'm saying is Cavill has a pattern of saying insensitive things since he's been Superman such as questioning the validity of #metoo and #Oscarssowhite, two movements that mean a lot to a lot of people. He hasn't said anything controversial recently as far as I know and even came out in support of Black Lives Matter last year. But when in the spotlight and being interviewed, he seems to be rather insensitive in some of his comments and the media isn't afraid to print it. Saying you prefer them young isn't necessarily a crime, but it can be a red flag. So can a pattern of insensitive statements. Cavill was the face(or still is the face?) of one of Warner Bros most important intellectual properties, Superman. The ambassadorship of Superman doesn't end when the cameras stop rolling. Cavill has got to portray a nice guy in public, too, which I don't think he has with his insensitive comments. It's a red flag.

If I was WB and I was aware of Cavill's tendency to say stupid s**t in public and I also had a way out, as in his contract is up and his portrayal of said IP hasn't directly resulted in big BO returns or overwhelming fan enthusiasm outside of DC fanboys, I'd choose the way out and drop Cavill and recast the character. Warner Bros is ditching the Zack Snyder continuous universe anyway. Keep the people who aren't controversial, Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa, and ditch the rest and chalk it up to a multiverse or something.

Come on now. You play this game often. As if you actually CREATED the movies and TV shows from Disney. And save that 'I'm an investor' influencer for someone else. I'm sure your 'investment' could go away tomorrow and Disney would truck along strong as ever.

You have an unhealthy competitive mindset when it comes to the Marvel Studios versus everyone else. It's not good. And not necessary if you truly meant for everyone to be successful (your other motivation excuse).

You may recall the first image of Henry Cavill as Superman ahead of the release of Man of Steel. It was a static image of him in the iconic suit and cape, standing in the rubble of what looks like a bank with his hand pressed back on the vault door. This might have been the first time the world saw him as Superman but it was hardly the first time he suited up. In a new post on Instagram, Cavill revealed a sweet message for his mother on International Women's Day and accompanied it with an image of him as a young boy, fully clad in Superman pajamas.

Screenshot_20210309-050038.thumb.png.9eaaa9f84eb1c4f6a074653ffa2bf9be.png

"Today is International Women's Day and I'm dedicating this post to the most magnificent woman I know. My mum," Cavill wrote. "An extraordinary, powerful, tough, intelligent, resilient, kind, thoughtful and caring person. That little boy on her lap learned an awful lot about what it is to be a good man from her."

Cavill has been very open about how close he is to his mother throughout his film career, previously opening up about what her reaction would have been to seeing him on the set of Mission: Impossible - Fallout.

"Definitely, the helicopter sequence," Cavill told Cinema Blend back in 2018. "That's one of those things where, as much as I'm a passenger on that, it was an incredibly dangerous sequence that I'm relying upon my pilot -- who is an exceptional pilot -- and Tom -- who is also an exceptional pilot -- to not kill themselves, or each other, and therefore me in the process. And... it was a journey. [chuckles] But that's one of those things where you think, 'If my mother was here, she would be having very stern words with people.'"

Crazy that WB Studios took in so much with its initial DCEU franchise it forgets that so as to appease critics and ruffled feathers bloggers.

How Superman has made $170million without even selling a ticket: Man of Steel takes product placement to new level

Almost 100 companies have inked deals with Warner Brothers for their brands to appear in the film. From a marketing perspective, what company wouldn't clammer to be associated with the world's hardest, and nicest, man?

The deals have earned the film-makers $170 million (£107m); it cost them $225 million to make it.

Quoted in the Independent, Ryan Newey, of the advertising agency Fold7, said: 'More and more companies are looking to the film industry to promote their brands, as films are a great source of integrated advertising. And they provide aspirational characters, which companies are keen to associate their products with.

He added: 'Brands are a part of our routine - we receive 5,000 messages every day. If a film were brand-less, it would not be real life.'

DC01.png.14ee5f5729595be546aaac69f99589b7.png

(shrug)