• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marky316 banned from submitting to CGC?
1 1

229 posts in this topic

Well with Disney it was, "Have a Disney day!"

On eBay it is, "Have a blessed day."

Here it is, "Enjoy your week."

I like to keep it simple and just let "go fist yourself" cover all of bases. Your system is much to confusing.

:insane:

Yes, I was a recipient of an old guy system early on in 2006. It was beautiful in its simplicity. Much like Cain's son in Alien.

Dang, I don't remember that. Is Cal keeping a list? Cal? Are you there? Do you have a list of GFY recipients? After being gone for so long I can't rememebr who I like and don't like. A GFY is an automatic like.

Oh, Like, Don't Like, and Greggy. Three groups of people here.

:whee: I get my own sub-group

Well with Disney it was, "Have a Disney day!"

On eBay it is, "Have a blessed day."

Here it is, "Enjoy your week."

I like to keep it simple and just let "go fist yourself" cover all of bases. Your system is much to confusing.

:insane:

Yes, I was a recipient of an old guy system early on in 2006. It was beautiful in its simplicity. Much like Cain's son in Alien.

Dang, I don't remember that. Is Cal keeping a list? Cal? Are you there? Do you have a list of GFY recipients? After being gone for so long I can't rememebr who I like and don't like. A GFY is an automatic like.

Oh, Like, Don't Like, and Greggy. Three groups of people here.

(worship)

Saw this on another board and I was wondering if this was true. Anyone heard about this? CGC, can you confirm?

" A gentleman named Marky316 is a content creator on YouTube within the comic book community. He was a regular submitter to CGC and would feature the books in his videos and reviews. He had a couple of books sent in a couple of months ago, Caliber signed by Brian Barr being one of them, and got them back with the proverbial newton rings in a LOT of areas between the slab and the paper. Well he had it sent back in multiple times only to have it returned with the same issues.

Recently they told him that this was an "acceptable amount".

This last time, and you can see in the YouTube links below, he got the book back not only with the newton rings in abundance but the book had obvious waves on the back cover and DAMAGE and yet it retained it's 9.6 grade...

Pretty crazy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRv8zd9-jro

"

On the third video did he REALLY rant for an hour and 21 minutes?

If this is indicative of the type of guy Brittany has to deal with on a daily basis, yes, she deserves a huge raise.

...I also love the "unabomber" backdrop in his video...

18oo5a.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

what day are you landing in chicago. I'll make sure I'm out of town.

Tuesday, August 16th ^^

Good post.

No it wasn't.

-literal JAM

He edited it, and your sarcasm metre is broken, *spoon*.

See, the joke there was that I signed it "literal JAM", the indication being that I was picking up your sarcasm, and then pretending you actually meant it was a good post.

I'm not saying my joke was a home run, but c'mon.

I expect a lot more after HarveySwick voted you funniest Boardie and liked all your pictures on Instagram.

I wish he did. He only liked my tastefully done nude selfies. :cry:

Harveyswick doesn't know funny even if it reached around him and tickled his funny bone

I disagree. The PIF and giving tree threads were very amusing.

I wish we could embed other youtube videos in the comments of youtube videos.

I'd like to embed Artie Lange doing his Wahh routine.

609fa5327d28186add338ea4645d354c.jpeg

Saw this on another board and I was wondering if this was true. Anyone heard about this? CGC, can you confirm?

" A gentleman named Marky316 is a content creator on YouTube within the comic book community. He was a regular submitter to CGC and would feature the books in his videos and reviews. He had a couple of books sent in a couple of months ago, Caliber signed by Brian Barr being one of them, and got them back with the proverbial newton rings in a LOT of areas between the slab and the paper. Well he had it sent back in multiple times only to have it returned with the same issues.

This last time, and you can see in the YouTube links below, he got the book back not only with the newton rings in abundance but the book had obvious waves on the back cover and DAMAGE and yet it retained it's 9.6 grade...

Pretty crazy ...

"

If this is indicative of the type of guy Brittany has to deal with on a daily basis, yes, she deserves a huge raise.

He did. I watch the entire thing.

He took the book and question from a nearby shelve and returned it and took it back out to show the camera about 75 times. He compared his banning from CGC to saying something bad about the brand of cigarettes he smokes (Marlboro menthols) and being banned from buying them and saying something bad about the bottled water he was drinking (Porland) and being banned from them. He feels this is America and he can say something bad about CGC and not get banned. He's ready to explore a serious relationship with the other two comic grading companies. He happily admits to using salty language but you should not be surprised because that is just the way he talks. He compared himself to an everyman who eats donuts like everyone else. He does not want anyone to worry about his health. Although his blood pressure is up over this CGC thing, he remains very sound physically. He has several "mega-resposibilities" coming up in life and doesn't have the time for the run around he feels he got from CGC.

Pretty crazy ...

"

He did. I watch the entire thing.

He took the book and question from a nearby shelve and returned it and took it back out to show the camera about 75 times. He compared his banning from CGC to saying something bad about the brand of cigarettes he smokes (Marlboro menthols) and being banned from buying them and saying something bad about the bottled water he was drinking (Porland) and being banned from them. He feels this is America and he can say something bad about CGC and not get banned. He's ready to explore a serious relationship with the other two comic grading companies. He happily admits to using salty language but you should not be surprised because that is just the way he talks. He compared himself to an everyman who eats donuts like everyone else. He does not want anyone to worry about his health. Although his blood pressure is up over this CGC thing, he remains very sound physically. He has several "mega-resposibilities" coming up in life and doesn't have the time for the run around he feels he got from CGC.

I particularly like the part where he shows his low-res, extremely small, not at all clear pictures and is incredulous as to how this didn't seal the deal for him on the spot.

Man, I'm trying to listen to his point, but I've skipped through several times to random points in this 80 minute video, and at 41 minutes right now he's still going on, yelling the same exact points he'd already yelled and cursed about a dozen times already.

Am I missing something, or is his complaint basically, "I allege that my comic was damaged at some point between my mailing it, it being graded, and it being mailed back, and nevertheless CGC gave me a 9.6 on it, but I'm still pissed off"? Because jesus man, 9.6 is hardly a grade I'd make a video series fuming and cursing about like I got screwed by CGC.

Jeez, I skipped to 1hr01 and he's still cursing about being banned, and laughing in a Joker voice about it.

Now I'm at 1hr05 and he's ranting about how Blue Screens of Death ought to be fixed by new coding. I'm not invested enough to listen to how he makes that into an analogy about how CGC screwed him by giving him a fantastic grade on a comic.

Honestly, this guy seems like CGC dodged a bullet here. He's the Michael Savage of comic book submitters.

Jeez, I skipped to 1hr01 and he's still cursing about being banned, and laughing in a Joker voice about it.

Now I'm at 1hr05 and he's ranting about how Blue Screens of Death ought to be fixed by new coding. I'm not invested enough to listen to how he makes that into an analogy about how CGC screwed him by giving him a fantastic grade on a comic.

Honestly, this guy seems like CGC dodged a bullet here. He's the Michael Savage of comic book submitters.

Sure...Savage complains....but Dr. Savage has more intelligence in one electron in his body than Marky does in his entire body. And despite the crappy video (he did apologize for it)....I did compare the book in both videos and he's made his point about the newton/rainbow jizz thing to my satisfaction--although he could've done it way more succinctly. What he's not talking about is how he treated the folks in e-mail and on the phone. I don't think however he detailed the book closely enough the 1st/2nd time for me to confirm the book was damaged. I have to drink alcohol to do that.

Sure...Savage complains....but Dr. Savage has more intelligence in one electron in his body than Marky does in his entire body. And despite the crappy video (he did apologize for it)....I did compare the book in both videos and he's made his point to my satisfaction--although he could've done it way more succinctly. What he's not talking about is how he treated the folks in e-mail and on the phone.

he hasn't but he is doing an extended demonstration version in the videos.

I'd hang up on someone talking to me this way (and have)