• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

Great books! You're right about Bailey's monster faces... they are my favorites, too. The ones he did for Weird Mysteries #2 and Mister Mystery #10 might be his best.

Edited by paull

Thanks guys! I've been at it for awhile but there are many, many more to go - pretty sure that PCK collection's breadth would easily outdo mine, for example; but I certainly appreciate the kind words. smile.gif

I know no one seems to post the various EC covers, since most all are very familiar with how they look, but should I sneak one in from time to time? If I had something really cool and esoteric like Weird Suspenstories, I'd have posted those without hesitation - but I haven't any, dangit! smile.gif

Hey Jayman, think you could do that with the other covers, too??!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll do it for issue # 5! juggle.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

devil.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"I have published four issues of the fanzine Horror Comics Review since 2003. I am currently searching for an artist who wishes to collaborate on a short term horror project. Must be able to ink own work & capture a 1970's DC horror vibe, otherwise open to style. Seriously interested persons should contact me via email. pre-codekeith@adelphia.net"

Thanks guys! I've been at it for awhile but there are many, many more to go - pretty sure that PCK collection's breadth would easily outdo mine, for example; but I certainly appreciate the kind words. smile.gif

I know no one seems to post the various EC covers, since most all are very familiar with how they look, but should I sneak one in from time to time? If I had something really cool and esoteric like Weird Suspenstories, I'd have posted those without hesitation - but I haven't any, dangit! smile.gif

Those are mighty fine books, and some covers there that are just not seen all that often. The Mysterious Adventures 13 and Mister Mystery 10 are especially noteworthy, as is the Venus! (Just posted my latest acquisition - an Everett Venus in the Everett thread).

Definitely show some ECs. Thing is, I bet there are gonna be some EC covers folks are gonna say "huh? Don;t remember THAT one." EC had a ton and it seems a lot of what crops up nowadays are the same issues.

You have excellent taste! mmmmmmm devil.gif

Thanks pov! I'll see if I can't find some other nice books to post - perhaps some ECs as well. I appreciate the comments - I believe the Venus 17 is probably one of the scarcest precodes I have - don't have anything like an Eerie #1, Voodoo annual or the like (the really tough stuff)...

Saw your Venus #15 on the Everett thread - sweet!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"I have published four issues of the fanzine Horror Comics Review since 2003. I am currently searching for an artist who wishes to collaborate on a short term horror project. Must be able to ink own work & capture a 1970's DC horror vibe, otherwise open to style. Seriously interested persons should contact me via email. pre-codekeith@adelphia.net"

Hehehe! Nice detective work! thumbsup2.gif

While time has been tight with school, wedding, etc., I have something on the backburner I think everyone on this thread will dig. If only I can find an artist... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ghost # 1. One thing for sure you can say about Fiction House, is that they could really make cheesecake! Legs for days! Talk about your foot fetish cover..... !! insane.gif

849762-g1.jpg

I've noticed Brian Bolland is a big foot fetish artist.

Will there be any wedding pics in HCR # 5...huh postmarragekeith? grin.gif

I dunno if I'll print any wedding pics. tongue.gif

Although, one cool thing is I already have "permission" to go to Mid-Ohio Con this year. The problem there would be shallow funds, so I'm trying to sell off a few rare Misfits records. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif