• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Beautiful comic! Who did the cover art? It looks like an airbrush cover.

Yup. Kelly Freas did it. It is airbrushed. Off the top of my head, I think it is the only Kelly Freas airbrushed horror cover period. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unless he did something in the 80s or 90s, It's his only comic book cover. He was quite surprised when a friend of mine mentioned it to him at Con a while back. Evidently there was more to the original composition -- they clipped around the main figures to create a better effect with their solid green border at the top. I don't know what was in the background -- whether it was other figures or just a solid color. Didn't think to ask when I had my chance. frown.gif

Kelly Freas was responsible for that cover.

It has a cool zombie interior story that is one of AC Hollingsworth's best. AC was one of the few African-American artists working in comics.

Yeah, that book looks definitely post-code - you're kind of wondering where the stamp has gone.

Some of those post-code Atlas books are interesting (and possibly ripe for re-evaluation) as they could be sinister without ever portraying direct violence or death. A lot of them were just nebulous though...

OK guys, tonight's my wedding rehearsal & dinner. The big day is tomorrow. Wish me luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Does Metro offer a service for wedding registry? Any newly married couple needs a few romance and a few horror comics at their place. insane.gif

Congrats, Keith.

OK guys, tonight's my wedding rehearsal & dinner. The big day is tomorrow. Wish me luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Does Metro offer a service for wedding registry? Any newly married couple needs a few romance and a few horror comics at their place. insane.gif

Congrats, Keith.

Yeah, now that would be a full-service comic dealer!!!

Congrats, Keith.

sign-funnypost.gif

Cheers, PKC