• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

All great books!

Big fan of the Strange Fantasy and that OOTS 10 is just too creepy with that spider guy's fingers!

Yea creepy spider fingers for sure...anyone care to guess why he's wearing a cape? I'd love to know! lol

Always loved this mummy cover. These Frankies sure get tough above Fine.

160877.jpg

Great mummy cover!

Love all the covers where they put his eyes and nose in the right place and concentrated on horror...

Frankenstein18CGC60_zps7f741853.jpg

All great books!

Big fan of the Strange Fantasy and that OOTS 10 is just too creepy with that spider guy's fingers!

Yea creepy spider fingers for sure...anyone care to guess why he's wearing a cape? I'd love to know! lol

Count Arachnid? (shrug):insane:

A couple more wins...

Scan-160303-0009_zpscfpgia3g.jpg

Scan-160303-0008_zpsicca4iyc.jpg

Nice pickups!

That Spook Detective Cases has eluded my collection for far too long. Something about that deep purple color makes it really stand out! (thumbs u

Nice pickups!

That Spook Detective Cases has eluded my collection for far too long. Something about that deep purple color makes it really stand out! (thumbs u

Thanks!! Yeah same problem here, I never see those in high grade... This issue also inspired me to start a "headless horseman" collection :cloud9:

Edited by StuporMan

Always loved this mummy cover. These Frankies sure get tough above Fine.

160877.jpg

Great mummy cover!

Love all the covers where they put his eyes and nose in the right place and concentrated on horror...

That 18 is fierce, Jay. I keep starting, stopping, and re-starting on the horror issues.

That 18 is fierce, Jay. I keep starting, stopping, and re-starting on the horror issues.

Agreed. I feel like that needs some description as to the significance Frank#18. Overstreet notes "New origin, horror series begins" iss #17 before it notes "Last humor issue" ... humor?!

Agreed. I feel like that needs some description as to the significance Frank#18. Overstreet notes "New origin, horror series begins" iss #17 before it notes "Last humor issue" ... humor?!

Yeah the Guide and CGC label should read: 'Classic Cover. Killer Briefer horror begins.' !!

Edited by mrmyst

Yeah the Guide and CGC label should read: 'Classic Cover. Killer Briefer horror begins.' !!

Recommended this to CGC here (if they approve the post, that is...):

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8872807#Post8872807

...now for me to find a copy that a dog chewed on so I can afford it :bump:

I've grown very fond of the Franky covers over the years. :applause:

You guys see this one? Is it better than the GD+ it was described as or just doesn't come up very often. I see 4 bidders over $300 which is pretty darn strong.

Strange Suspense Stories #19 Ditko

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Suspense-Stories-19-7-1954-Classic-Ditko-Electricution-Cover-G-/322022129291?_trkparms=gh1g%3DI322022129291.N36.S2.R5.TR9&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=FOJt2fRwDZyENxjvsB5hdmiGZZ0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Strange Suspense 19 is one of the tougher electric chair covers; that, plus the added appeal of Ditko, means it shows up on a lot of want lists. It's one that I'm after, but I'm gunning for a nicer copy than the one that you linked.