• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,234 posts in this topic

A group of some of my favorites:

image.jpg

Very nice group. If you don't mind, what's the grade on the COC 23? Is that a File Copy? Looks very nice.

Awesome group for sure. I've got 4 of them. I'm on the hunt for Tormented #1. Do you guys ever see that book come up for sale?

Edited by Axmen

image.jpg

Very nice group. If you don't mind, what's the grade on the COC 23? Is that a File Copy? Looks very nice.

Awesome group for sure. I've got 4 of them. I'm on the hunt for Tormented #1. Do you guys ever see that book come up for sale?

I've got a 4.5 but not looking to sell it. I had a fair copy I sold last year but they don't come up very often.

Tormented 1 is tough. I see 2 up for sale a lot more often. I have had some of these for a while; I took a break from buying PCH for a while to concentrate on original art, then jumped back in last year. I've got my hit list for this year of 11 books that I'm gunning for, and most of them are PCH (the rest are GA, and horror-esque). Best of luck on the Tormented.

image.jpg

NOT FOR SALE but here is "the run" I don't see either one very often.

comtormented1_zpscqnu8z0j.jpg

comtormented2_zpsp4nclpx5.jpg

Not often that I can beat Robot Man, so I'm gonna savor this moment, eh eh.

I found that actually the second issue seemed to be the more difficult to obtain.

Now the issue on the right could be made available, if someone could settle for a mere VG, but I don't want $; it'll cost a pre-code horror or crime book that I'm looking for... ;)

2u9ib0w.jpg

Not often that I can beat Robot Man, so I'm gonna savor this moment, eh eh.

I found that actually the second issue seemed to be the more difficult to obtain.

Now the issue on the right could be made available, if someone could settle for a mere VG, but I don't want $; it'll cost a pre-code horror or crime book that I'm looking for... ;)

2u9ib0w.jpg

An interesting side note. This title ran two issues. #3 turned into the book below. (A very cool cover I might add. ) It went two more rather boring issues before it folded.

comsurpriseadvs3_zps7ciyd7ib.jpg

Yup, the code killed "The Tormented". Too bad it hadn't started a year earlier. And nope, no little envelope blinky. That's why I posted, "if someone could settle for a mere VG". I don't think there are all that many here interested in reading copies like us; they want CGC 9.8's. :wink:

Yup, the code killed "The Tormented". Too bad it hadn't started a year earlier. And nope, no little envelope blinky. That's why I posted, "if someone could settle for a mere VG". I don't think there are all that many here interested in reading copies like us; they want CGC 9.8's. :wink:

What books are you looking for? I could always use another Tormented.

In about the same grade, VG;

Crime Does Not Pay, 24, 26

Out of the Shadows, 8

The Vault of Horror, 13

In about the same grade, VG;

Crime Does Not Pay, 24, 26

Out of the Shadows, 8

The Vault of Horror, 13

Im the new guy here basically just starting my precode horror collecting so please feel free to pass any books that are "mere VGs" to me. Ill pay of course, but Im building my collection with mid grade books!

Unfortunately, I dont have any books you are looking for!