• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,234 posts in this topic

Chamber of chills 19 raw 3.0 sold on Heritage tonight for $776. So yeah that book is crazy.

I picked up a CGC 6.0 of that book over a year ago. What is the fair market on it now?

I also grabbed another Mister Mystery #6 in CGC 5.0 from Bedrock City. Any idea of its market?

Sorry but once I get a book I usually move on to something else without paying much attention to their values up or down.

It also seems like my Menace #5 CGC 5.5 at $1500.00 is still in that books range based on previous posts?

Chamber of chills 19 raw 3.0 sold on Heritage tonight for $776. So yeah that book is crazy.

I picked up a CGC 6.0 of that book over a year ago. What is the fair market on it now?

I also grabbed another Mister Mystery #6 in CGC 5.0 from Bedrock City. Any idea of its market?

Sorry but once I get a book I usually move on to something else without paying much attention to their values up or down.

It also seems like my Menace #5 CGC 5.5 at $1500.00 is still in that books range based on previous posts?

another suggests you may perhaps have an extra? Is it maybe for sale?

A slabbed 6.0... which in fairness had light tan/OW pages, so not the best PQ... just sold on ebay for $1228.

A slabbed 6.0... which in fairness had light tan/OW pages, so not the best PQ... just sold on ebay for $1228.

This is mine.

f35260d19961f99ecd2b075fd9cdafe212ce6cbd.jpg

So I guess at $1500.00 I'm still probably OK as an investment.

I picked up a lower grade years ago on eBay. I had it in a pile of books at this years SD con to get graded by CGC but one of the girls I was with at the time got distracted by something shiny at another booth and I never made it back. :blush:

I have no clue where I put it now. At some point I will have CGC slab it and probably put it up for sale but I can't say when. Not for profit gains but to help out another collector since I bought this copy from Bedrock City a year ago on a $725.00 offer.

f0226231fb6e2999cc2b6150c120f08eb6326079.jpeg

Ok, it's got light tan to off white PQ but a grader told me that's not that bad since much of the PQ is still off white so it's much better than just light tan PQ copies. I'm not a PQ expert but since the two books I own with light tan to off white PQ are a Mister Mystery #6 and an All American #61 I find it harder to complain.

I picked up a lower grade years ago on eBay. I had it in a pile of books at this years SD con to get graded by CGC but one of the girls I was with at the time got distracted by something shiny at another booth and I never made it back. :blush:

I have no clue where I put it now. At some point I will have CGC slab it and probably put it up for sale but I can't say when. Not for profit gains but to help out another collector since I bought this copy from Bedrock City a year ago on a $725.00 offer.

Ok, it's got light tan to off white PQ but a grader told me that's not that bad since much of the PQ is still off white so it's much better than just light tan PQ copies. I'm not a PQ expert but since the two books I own with light tan to off white PQ are a Mister Mystery #6 and an All American #61 I find it harder to complain.

you did good...

you did good...

I concur.

you did good...

I concur.

A MM #6 4.0 ow/w just sold on ebay for $1085

you did good...

I concur.

Of course, you would have to!

001_zpsqhu6id9h.jpg

Just bought this one

Love that book (as well as the rest of the run). Just the kind of book my mom would have torn up or threw away if she caught me reading it!

Love your tag line as well. I have heard a few similar comments like that over the years. I usually retort, why do you need so many shoes?

Great group shot! :applause:

A scary gathering for sure seen all together. I also like to pick out the books I have from these pics. I have 9 out of your awesome group! (thumbs u

Agreed!

I have every one of them except for the Astonishing with the melting eyes.