• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

That is a great cover. I've never seen it either. What's your thought as to most iconic cover? No. 10 always cracks me up, but No. 7 is creepy also.

#14 is an unforgettable piece. Giant Bat, flaming skull. Classic. Didn't take more than one look for Scrooge to put it on his want list, eh?! No. 10 is probably the other cover that I would say would be the most iconic of the run, in fact it's probably more recognized. #7 never appealed to me. The proportions look off IMO. It just looks like a hack job when stacked up even against 8 or 9. Just my 2 cents. hi.gif

That is a great cover. I've never seen it either. What's your thought as to most iconic cover? No. 10 always cracks me up, but No. 7 is creepy also.

#14 is an unforgettable piece. Giant Bat, flaming skull. Classic. Didn't take more than one look for Scrooge to put it on his want list, eh?! No. 10 is probably the other cover that I would say would be the most iconic of the run, in fact it's probably more recognized. #7 never appealed to me. The proportions look off IMO. It just looks like a hack job when stacked up even against 8 or 9. Just my 2 cents. hi.gif

I also tend to like the covers where Dr. Death isn't on a postage stamp!

But I do like # 7's cover (corpse in a Pint glass) gotta love it! thumbsup2.gif

I also tend to like the covers where Dr. Death isn't on a postage stamp!

But I do like # 7's cover (corpse in a Pint glass) gotta love it! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I think I'm in the minority about # 7. gossip.gif

Harvey was trying to tone things down as the CCA approached. Years ago I felt this was a lame cover, but these days it has grown on me since the more I see it, the more creepy its subtleness becomes. thumbsup2.gif

1337167-thrills.jpg

1337167-thrills.jpg.2f7329274070cbd6dc444e5126bb02cb.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

That is a neat looking book! Never seen before which is always a treat!

From the cover it looks like the guy is delusional or has a spell cast on him to believe he has a (family?) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think any kind of explanation of that cover would ruin it.

Great point. I think the whole concept of a "dark room" cover was pulled off beautifully, I might ad.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Still, one wonders about "Mr. Chatt." Is he the guy in the photo with the dolls, or the mysterious person developing the picture? A delusional or a voyeur? Guess we'll never know!? gossip.gif

I prefer this cover to #10, though I overpaid for this overgraded copy 7-8 years ago. I think the guide has almost caught up with me. There is a vaguely related interior story -

but it is nowhere near as cool as the cover.

tmih13.jpg