• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Bug eyed monsters are bad enough, but bug eyed monsters from outer space armed with ray-guns are just the WORST! Get out the Raid & the Black Flag, fellas! 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif I love that little guy. thumbsup2.gif

Just to step back a title or two, there was a Men's Adventure posted.

When this title drifted into horror for a few issues Bill Everett did one of his best covers (IMHO) on issue 22. I've been looking for a nice copy for a while now and the green is just gorgeous!

1373789-Men%5C%27sAdventures%2322.jpg

589a8e9b49a02_1373789-MensAdventures22.jpg.98710786d01f834ca24a02a040dcefb0.jpg

I really wanted the Spellbound 7 and the MA 26 (fantastic covers!), but Mr. Foxwood won't ship out of the U.S. If you ever plan on letting those two books go, lmk!!!

Come on, Andy. You know a scad of us would help you out like Red Hook did for Osborn by receiving the package(s) and re-shipping them to you. If you ever need help, let me know!

I really wanted the Spellbound 7 and the MA 26 (fantastic covers!), but Mr. Foxwood won't ship out of the U.S. If you ever plan on letting those two books go, lmk!!!

Come on, Andy. You know a scad of us would help you out like Red Hook did for Osborn by receiving the package(s) and re-shipping them to you. If you ever need help, let me know!

Yeah, seriously. I bid on his books all the time GD, just let me know! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, seriously. I bid on his books all the time GD, just let me know! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Scrooge and Andy!! Very kind of you to offer. flowerred.gifheadbang.gif

I didn't want to impose on anyone as Foxwood didn't want any foreign people actually bidding on his auction, never mind shipping items out of the U.S.

I always assumed that bidding on behalf of somebody (and then shipping the books on after that) would be a bit too much to ask.

I always assumed that bidding on behalf of somebody (and then shipping the books on after that) would be a bit too much to ask.

Wire me $$ first then I'll bid for you devil.gif

If it's a book I'm desperate for, I may well consider it. grin.gif

Ouch! Hard to say as I just got them in my hot little hands yesterday. tongue.gif

But I will keep you in mind and btw, I would bid for a board member also - just ask! thumbsup2.gif

Ouch! Hard to say as I just got them in my hot little hands yesterday. tongue.gif

But I will keep you in mind and btw, I would bid for a board member also - just ask! thumbsup2.gif

Cheers, Jay!

Just to step back a title or two, there was a Men's Adventure posted.

When this title drifted into horror for a few issues Bill Everett did one of his best covers (IMHO) on issue 22. I've been looking for a nice copy for a while now and the green is just gorgeous!

1373789-Men%5C%27sAdventures%2322.jpg

I thought I bid pretty high on this one...guess not high enough, huh?

I thought I bid pretty high on this one...guess not high enough, huh?

shy.gif (I REALLY wanted this book!)

The whole scene of the guy walking in on a ghoul that just finished eating a corpse and that look the ghoul's giving him...you can almost hear him say "Fresh MEAT!"

BTW: "Beware the Chair!" is a great story! thumbsup2.gif