• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Underrated Ditko cover from TMIH #21 - I like this better than most of his other pre-code covers, but sadly no interior work by him.

tmih21.jpg

Very cool Ditko 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Does this squeek by for pre-code?

Squeek !?? confused-smiley-013.gif

It SCREAMS pre-code horror! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, but it has that "Conforms to Comics Code" star, which I know nothing about. I know CCA wasn't formed until '54, and wasn't sure if this was on the cusp/cut-off point.

Yeah, but it has that "Conforms to Comics Code" star, which I know nothing about. I know CCA wasn't formed until '54, and wasn't sure if this was on the cusp/cut-off point.

Nah, that one is not the "real" CCA. That one was a sham code prior to the CCA.

Nah, that one is not the "real" CCA. That one was a sham code prior to the CCA.

Sorta like MLB drug testing. thumbsup2.gif

Just got this recently; a good read and good art with a Reed Crandall story. Multi-panels aren't my favorite, but hey - its Everett. Does this squeek by for pre-code?

adventures.jpg

Men's Adv is one of the niftiest Atlas runs with many nice examples of different genres represented within a single title -- each with excellent covers and interiors. Before the horror there was adventure, sci-fi, and war and after there were 2 issues that are part of the superhero revival. Here's a couple non-horror books:

MensAdv8.jpg

MensAdv20.jpg

One of my favorite Lee Elias pieces. I've been told by one Harvey collector that this one is hard to come by, but since it was the very first ToT I ever bought, I had never suspected this to be the case. Anyone want to weigh in? confused-smiley-013.gif

1353335-tot8.jpg

1353335-tot8.jpg.f320f756fae6b3fc79e8ee87cee1375a.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

confused-smiley-013.gif

Its one I never had, or really saw for sale, its not one of the "repeat" books you see all the time.

Maybe the guy was onto something. He also collected ACG - & amazingly had a complete run of AIU, so he wasn't exactly a newb GA collector. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One of my favorite Lee Elias pieces. I've been told by one Harvey collector that this one is hard to come by, but since it was the very first ToT I ever bought, I had never suspected this to be the case. Anyone want to weigh in? confused-smiley-013.gif

1353335-tot8.jpg

Well, he's f*cked laugh.gif

Edited by Jeffro