• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Thanks, Gino:) I'm very happy and I even had leftover money from my bids, lol.

I explained how much I saved him !;)

(not that I ever take the money anyway, I take pride in funding my own collection, but it's kind of a standing joke here;)

Ha! I'm sure the attempt to explain the savings went over well. :applause:

Congrats on some wonderful pickups.

Some of these prices are nuts. When all the 40-60 year old collectors start retiring and sell off their copies there is no way that the market is able to clear at these prices.

I'm inclined to agree. The steep rises in the past few years don't seem especially sustainable.

It really depends whether within the next 15 years serious inflation becomes entrenched. These books just might make nice inflation hedges. Hard to say.

Comics are a hedge against paying the Fed to hold your money (negative interest rates).

Bingo

Yeah, but when everyone's hedging the same way and driving prices up at double digit annual percentages - far more than is required for a hedge when inflation is low - it could end in tears.

Some of these prices are nuts. When all the 40-60 year old collectors start retiring and sell off their copies there is no way that the market is able to clear at these prices.

I'm inclined to agree. The steep rises in the past few years don't seem especially sustainable.

It really depends whether within the next 15 years serious inflation becomes entrenched. These books just might make nice inflation hedges. Hard to say.

Comics are a hedge against paying the Fed to hold your money (negative interest rates).

Bingo

Yeah, but when everyone's hedging the same way and driving prices up at double digit annual percentages - far more than is required for a hedge when inflation is low - it could end in tears.

I held that opinion back in 2010.

I wish I had those comics I sold then. :tonofbricks:

What happened to the Two Gun Kid 58 CGC 7.0 that was up until tonight?

It was withdrawn due to a "listing error".

I was high bidder and got an email from CL.

Thx- what was the recorded high bid when it was removed on the last day of the auction?

My target book went for 30% over GPA (which was the sale when that pedigree came to market), which I would have been willing to pay, but I also knew that other issues of the title, in the same pedigree has been selling for LESS than their original "to market" sale prices.... dont know why this one went for over GPA when its brothers have been going for less in same grade, pedigree and everything...

Well, we were out and I couldn't up my bids on a few, but my bids held on the ones I really wanted:)

I've been looking for a nice 53 for a while, and I'm thrilled to win a Wonder Woman (Sensation) Okajima:)

(I told my husband I bought my own birthday present in advance;)

RADB39FE201688_141158.jpg

RAD38E402016824_15504.jpg

I was the underbidder on that Okajima and as I kept upping my max bid I thought "Blah, someone reaaallllyyyyy wants this book." I've gotten a few books from you off the boards and you've always been such a pleasure to deal with, so I am stoked that you won the book, congrats! :applause:

What I enjoy about these auctions with all the high grade and top tier gold is nobody pays attention to little Zolneriwich books like this and you can pick them up pretty cheap sometimes. :gossip:

C883DEBB-31AD-47F2-B6E9-91936AF383C5_zpscv7eoqja.jpg

Zolnerowich :luhv:

My target book went for 30% over GPA (which was the sale when that pedigree came to market), which I would have been willing to pay, but I also knew that other issues of the title, in the same pedigree has been selling for LESS than their original "to market" sale prices.... dont know why this one went for over GPA when its brothers have been going for less in same grade, pedigree and everything...

Possible upgrade candidate? Classic cover catching fire? Something special about the book (nice PQ)?

Or just bad luck because lots of people wanted the same book.

Interest rates in the U.S. aren't negative. The Fed raised interest rates in December and is likely to do so again either this month or before the end of the year.

Thanks Greg and anyone I missed.

Bob and Justin...I'm glad you didn't drive up my bids higher:) thank you. Justin you are very sweet.

Josh, I think he just rolled his eyes;)

Ltpink2002, I think you got an absolute steal on that Sensation 13 book. I was high bidder until yesterday, when I didn't up my bid because I figured it would go for 2x what you paid. World Wide had one at the same grade on their website that was marked sold at $7500. That is a tough, tough book.

I was the under bidder on the Witchcraft 2 CGC 4.0, I am hoping it went to a fellow board member's home.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9550218Post9550218