• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead question - who is right? Me or the wife?

30 posts in this topic

Re: transmission of the zombie virus.

Do you have to die before you turn, or do you eventually turn after being bitten?

My wife thinks you die from the bite, then you turn.

I say you can turn after the bite even without dying.

Who is right?

lol

I think your wife is right,she's always right. :foryou:

I still haven't learned that lesson. doh!

I told her the Internet would have my back. Maybe not. haha

Do you have to die before you turn, or do you eventually turn after being bitten?

Who is right?

lol

https://www.quora.com/In-the-walking-dead-after-you-die-do-you-turn-into-a-zombie-or-do-turn-after-you-die-if-you-are-bit-or-scratched

I'm going with the wife on this one...I think the bites kill you then you turn. 2c

+1

The wife is correct.

If you are bitten or scratched-- it spreads very quickly. That was why they had to chop off the old guys leg and they were able to stop it spreading and killing him. Better to lose a leg (or arm) than lose your life.

PS-- I am basing this on the TV show only. I have not read any of the comics. Though as I understand it, they try hard to be true to the comic books with only changes to which characters die, mostly based on TV popularity (Glen for example).

Didn't that dude get bitten at the beginning, he became sicker over a bit of time, then they left him by the tree and he turned?

Have to look up his name. Maybe Jim?

Gives the impression that the bite causes an infection that will eventually result in death.

Patrick

yes but the question was when do you turn. And the answer is after you die-- regardless of how you die- as long as your brain is intact. The virus will kill you. The walkers will kill the living and eat your brains and guts-- which means dying that way won't turn you into a zombie. No brain/damaged brain, no zombie.

Also-- the virus is supposedly in everyone by this point, though dormant. Non-head trauma death triggers it to turn people into walkers. SO I guess a scratch or bite can act as a catalyst to death/turning.

Who is right?

lol

Remember, you will still turn after you die, no matter if you were bitten or not.

And yes, if bitten, you will die first, and then turn.