• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels order for comic I won after 24 hours

528 posts in this topic

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Bid the book way up then cancel on him after you win. Risk negative feedback but it sure will feel good for a couple minutes. Who knows you might even get it for less (although she is purdy).

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. One of the HUGE flaws in eBays system.

Sellers being able to leave negative feedback for buyers is pointless and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, except to make certain sellers feel better about petty vengeance.

Negative feedback had absolutely no prohibitive effect on a buyer's ability to buy and/or bid.

The buyers who, in the past, had negative feedback and really wanted to buy something would simply snipe it, or just create a new account and start over. It accomplished absolutely nothing to proactively prevent "bad buyers" from buying.

And, in fraud heavy categories like (surprise, surprise!) Collectibles, "good buyers" were being chased away because of the fear that someone would say something bad about them on the internet simply for complaining, utterly and completely regardless of the validity of their complaint. In other words, good buyers simply sucked it up and let scumbags defraud them, and many of them just quietly went away, rather than risk negative feedback themselves.

And the very, very few who had the balls to stand up to these frauds would get HAMMERED with negatives, and then get hammered AGAIN by the busybodies who clicked their tongues and said "well, goodness, that buyer has a bunch of negatives...they MUST be a terrible person!" without bothering to do even a CURSORY examination of the facts....and many of those people managed to find their way to this very message board, and are members in "good" standing as we speak.

Facts? Who needs facts?

Removing the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback has been one of the very, very, VERY few positive steps eBay has made over the years. Not only is it NOT a "HUGE flaw", it was a step in the right direction.

You could always bid it up sky high and then not pay for it...return the favor so to speak...

Repaying wrong with wrong...?

hm

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Bid the book way up then cancel on him after you win. Risk negative feedback but it sure will feel good for a couple minutes. Who knows you might even get it for less (although she is purdy).

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. One of the HUGE flaws in eBays system.

Sellers being able to leave negative feedback for buyers is pointless and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, except to make certain sellers feel better about petty vengeance.

Negative feedback had absolutely no prohibitive effect on a buyer's ability to buy and/or bid.

The buyers who, in the past, had negative feedback and really wanted to buy something would simply snipe it, or just create a new account and start over. It accomplished absolutely nothing to proactively prevent "bad buyers" from buying.

And, in fraud heavy categories like (surprise, surprise!) Collectibles, "good buyers" were being chased away because of the fear that someone would say something bad about them on the internet simply for complaining, utterly and completely regardless of the validity of their complaint. In other words, good buyers simply sucked it up and let scumbags defraud them, and many of them just quietly went away, rather than risk negative feedback themselves.

And the very, very few who had the balls to stand up to these frauds would get HAMMERED with negatives, and then get hammered AGAIN by the busybodies who clicked their tongues and said "well, goodness, that buyer has a bunch of negatives...they MUST be a terrible person!" without bothering to do even a CURSORY examination of the facts....and many of those people managed to find their way to this very message board, and are members in "good" standing as we speak.

Facts? Who needs facts?

Removing the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback has been one of the very, very, VERY few positive steps eBay has made over the years. Not only is it NOT a "HUGE flaw", it was a step in the right direction.

You could always bid it up sky high and then not pay for it...return the favor so to speak...

hm

Where was the spoiler? Why was I forced to read this? :ohnoez:

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Facts? Who needs facts?

hm

I decided to go spoiler free for that post, as a gift for you, Blowie. That's the only one you get tonight, though.

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Facts? Who needs facts?

hm

I decided to go spoiler free for that post, as a gift for you, Blowie. That's the only one you get tonight, though.

:cloud9:

Well that's surprising.

I bought a book from them a few months back. I think the shipping was about 8 bucks, and they sent it quickly and as described. I left them + F/B.

I would certainly contact them and ask for them to complete their end of the deal, just as you were expected to do, and did.

eBay doesn't start unpaid claim cases until more than 3 days have elapsed from the day of sale, so that would normally be the "grace period", and the seller didn't post any terms to the contrary.

About the only difference would be a BIN with immediate payment required. That isn't what this situation is, is it?

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Facts? Who needs facts?

hm

I...disagree. ;)

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Facts? Who needs facts?

hm

I...disagree. ;)

Not surprising. But do you have a rational argument for why...?

I respectfully disagree. Buyer can leave negative even if an auction has been canceled. This I know as fact

Why would you want to insist on doing business with someone who doesn't want your money? Leave a negative feedback, which will likely get erased, and move on.

I'm not sure leaving feedback is possible,. although I have to admit my ebay knowledge is quite limited. The reason I have my doubts is because I just BINed 3 Mike Hammer books last night and got a cancellation email today. They aren't in my Purchase History anymore so I couldn't leave feedback even if I wanted to ... which I don't. What irks me is they didn't bother to tell me why?

If there's another way to leave FB than my usual way of going to my Purchase History, I'm not aware of it.

Only way he could cancel was to have you agree to cancel I thought. Did you get a strike for no pay?

He just cancled it a little over 24 hours after I won it. I was not asked anything from ebay. The invoice he sent was still active so I payed yesterday after he cancled the auction. Waiting for him to either refund me or send me the comic.

I think what people are saying is that he can't cancel unless you agree to that cancel.

check your messages on ebay, there should be a request to cancel message. if you don't agree and it's clear you don't then ebay steps in.

however as many have pointed out, if he doesn't want to send you your item you can't force him.

you can pay, he can refund, or he can ship you an entirely different book etc. Ultimately it's all dependent on what he wants to do.

Have you contacted the seller and asked if he plans on shipping your book? Tell him you paid etc.

You don't need to do anything else, frank.

eBay Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection

Your order was canceled

Hi frank

We want to let you know that niagaracuriosityshop cancelled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason.

Keep in mind that an unpaid item can be recorded on your account and result in future restrictions to your account.

You don't need to do anything else.

Seller: niagaracuriosityshop ( 888 )

Item title Price

Shipping price

Qty Item total

MILLIE THE MODEL #69 FINE 6.0 ATLAS COMICS 1956 DAN DECARLO ART NO RESERVE ( 302062867564 )

No payment has been made. $52.43 $18.00 1 $52.43

Estimated delivery: Mon. Sep. 19

Subtotal $52.43

Shipping and handling $18.00

Total $70.43

eBay sent this message to frank

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email based on your eBay account preferences. If you'd rather not receive these emails, click unsubscribe.

eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy notice and user agreement.

© 2016 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125