• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_346.jpg

Not the best portrayal, I'll agree....but iconic none the less.

Didn't Larsen admit that he hated the character and hated having to involve him in his stint or something?

AMAZINGSPIDERMAN316.jpg

Yes, lots of teeth...but not spikes.

PpA8G8B.jpg

nmZ8eCW.jpg

7rH07YT.jpg

Yes, Crunchy, I'm well aware of the corner box. I did post the entire cover, after all. Do you see a 5 foot tongue? No...? How many teeth are there...? 5,483? And are they spikes...? Nope. Just big teeth. Do you see weird geometry problems for eyes...? No...?

Yes, I know the symbiote was capable of shape shifting, but Larsen took it to stupid extremes. Green slime....?

:screwy:

Didn't Larsen admit that he hated the character and hated having to involve him in his stint or something?

One of my favorite Venom covers. The "green slime" is venom...how can you call a villain "Venom" and not have venom?

I asked him about the tongue a few years back. He said it was an accident. When he took over, he thought he had seen a long tongue on McFarlane's back cover of the trade for the series so he drew it. Wasn't til later he realized it wasn't there to begin with.

I personally enjoy what Larsen did with the character. His "tweaks" have stuck with the character for years.

One of my favorite Venom covers. The "green slime" is venom...how can you call a villain "Venom" and not have venom?

Um.

Ok.

You do know that spiders don't have their venom in their saliva, right...? And you do know that spiders don't even HAVE saliva, right...?

In any event, no, that's not "venom." it's just stupid green gloop that Larsen came up with.

You do know that spiders don't have their venom in their saliva, right...? And you do know that spiders don't even HAVE saliva, right...?

You do know we're talking about a fantasy world correct? *waits for the page of text*

..which makes the idea that his saliva is "venom" even more absurd, because none of the people creating Venom stories has ever portrayed it that way. See how that works...?

And who is "we"...? Do you have more than one personality rattling around in your head...?

*waits for yet another silly comment*

You do know we're talking about a fantasy world correct? *waits for the page of text*

..which makes the idea that his saliva is "venom" even more absurd, because none of the people creating Venom stories has ever portrayed it that way. See how that works...?

And who is "we"...? Do you have more than one personality rattling around in your head...?

*waits for yet another silly comment*

He could be making a joke, as Venom would refer to himself as "we".

OMG, I want to argue about pointless cr@p too!!!!

My dad could beat up your dad!

whatever. I'm taking my ball and going home.

Edited by Gunnz