• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

Boy pre sellers might take this one on the chin

Surely may be some issues with those who listed nm+. I guess each case will play out differently. I wonder how many people will still take the chance, a 9.8(pressable or otherwise) could really pay off. Imagine 500 print run with 250+ damaged(not saying that many are damaged). Would make this one super rare in 9.8

I personally think those who purchased and pre sold the virgin variants will still make a profit even with the damage just not as much.

Edited by rush_6

So I got one of my orders today, the BW & Color. Should be getting my 2 secret variant orders on Wednesday/Thursday. The comics both came in the poly bags everyone was talking about. Color looks like a solid 9.8 but the B&W one might have some minor ticks. I am pretty new to grading so not sure if there's a major issue with it or not, but to be honest, the overall quality looks pretty good. They wraped the comics in a Priority Mail envelope from USPS within a common comic mailer, so as far as I can tell, they did a really good job with the shipping of it.

Here are some photos.

Sorry for the poor lighting/camera.

So I got one of my orders today, the BW & Color. Should be getting my 2 secret variant orders on Wednesday/Thursday. The comics both came in the poly bags everyone was talking about. Color looks like a solid 9.8 but the B&W one might have some minor ticks. I am pretty new to grading so not sure if there's a major issue with it or not, but to be honest, the overall quality looks pretty good. They wraped the comics in a Priority Mail envelope from USPS within a common comic mailer, so as far as I can tell, they did a really good job with the shipping of it.

Here are some photos.

Awesome! I can't wait for my B&W cover..hopefully without spine ticks. This cover really grew on me. I love Dell Otto (my favorite comic book artist), and when this was revealed, I thought it looked good but wasn't over the top crazy about it. That has certainly changed lol.

Has anyone ordered the Clayton Crain variant? I pre-ordered the color version from comicxposure, and not sure which one I like more. Either way, I am excited to have both in my collection soon.

Here are some photos.

They look pretty good really. Nothing a quick press couldn't iron out I think.

Jerome

I've received my Greg Horner color/black and white variant from WonderworldComics, it's pretty damn amazing. I was surprised to see they were virgin covers too! I did not expect that.

Still no news from Frankie's comics :( They are knees deep into shipping them, according to their facebook page.

I just received my Venom Dell'Otto books (Color and B&W). Both books had a noticeable spine dent/crease on the front cover (which I can live with). There was an additional flaw, however, on the B&W copy -- small transverse dent/crease in lower right corner of front cover. Its tough to see if this dent affected the interior pages (since I have not yet removed comic from the polybag). Strange thing is, the backing board inside the polybag does not show any corner damage, so it's possible the comic was dinged up even before it was sealed in the bag.

I contacted Frankie's Comics immediately and inquired about an exchange. They returned my e-mail within a few hours (so I am very impressed by their prompt customer service). Unfortunately, they had no additional copies to process an exchange BUT they did offer a full refund once the comic was returned.

Still mulling over what to do. I hate returning books. :(

Meck

Received my Frankie's order today; shipped well but several creases on all 3 versions.

Virgin the worst (of course) then normal then bw.

Exact same as me, the back cover to both my virgin variants is stunningly beautiful of course (what a waste of back covers lol ). My color and b&w sets both look NM+...I think?. How much does CGC grade down for scuffing? I think I have some of that that I 'think' must be from the printer on all the back covers in the lower spine area. Not much to speak of but makes me nervous. Or, of course it could be from being in the polybag. If that's the case, would CGC not count that against the book since every one of them have it? Or would they be able to tell if is from shipping or the printer?

I also got my Bagley variants from Scorpion comics; b&w, color and virgin negative and they all look superb, better than my dell'otto's....yay?

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Mine haven't shipped yet, so I imagine I'm getting the trash left at the end

Same here. Here's hoping they saved the best for last.. :wishluck:

Maybe we are getting a bonus free book!!!.....or maybe not. Also hoping the best is saved for last.