• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

So some folks were told on Thursday or Friday, by an admin at cbsi, that the Venom #1 Dell'Otto's have a decent amount of spine damage they feel was caused by those cheap bags and boards Marvel decided to put them in. He said it looked like the 500 print run covers had the most damages. He said they decided to still ship them out to everyone and that they expected numerous complaints in the near future.

He made it sound like the majority of the print run was affected, so it doesn't sound like any 9.6/9.8's on the horizon. Hopefully the majority don't fall into the VF/NM (9.0) range or below.

I missed out on these and nearly pulled the trigger on a decently priced set I saw on ebay a week or so ago, but now I'm glad I held off to see what happens once people start getting them in hand.

I heard from people that the Ghost Rider Dell'Otto variants are in those Marvel bags as well, and that bums me out since I did grab a couple of those sets already. Sigh...

I ordered 0 copies of this variant. But I would just like to state for the record that everything you said about a CBSI mod giving you information about this book is false. As a CBSI mod I can say we do not care.

Please post evidence before you try spouting F.A.C.T.s.

As a CBSI mod you can say you don't care about what, that they are damaged and being sent out anyway?

is it a coincidence that you and the person I originally responded to signed up to join the CGC boards within a day of each other? I don't think so.

Is it also a coincidence that Brian Springman - someone that was kicked out of the Frankies Comics operation for his online postings where he bad mouthed other retailers and has posted verbatim the original post on Google+ several times in the past day?

No.

Keep it classy.

So some folks were told on Thursday or Friday, by an admin at cbsi, that the Venom #1 Dell'Otto's have a decent amount of spine damage they feel was caused by those cheap bags and boards Marvel decided to put them in. He said it looked like the 500 print run covers had the most damages. He said they decided to still ship them out to everyone and that they expected numerous complaints in the near future.

He made it sound like the majority of the print run was affected, so it doesn't sound like any 9.6/9.8's on the horizon. Hopefully the majority don't fall into the VF/NM (9.0) range or below.

I missed out on these and nearly pulled the trigger on a decently priced set I saw on ebay a week or so ago, but now I'm glad I held off to see what happens once people start getting them in hand.

I heard from people that the Ghost Rider Dell'Otto variants are in those Marvel bags as well, and that bums me out since I did grab a couple of those sets already. Sigh...

I ordered 0 copies of this variant. But I would just like to state for the record that everything you said about a CBSI mod giving you information about this book is false. As a CBSI mod I can say we do not care.

As a CBSI mod you can say you don't care about what, that they are damaged and being sent out anyway?

is it a coincidence that you and the person I originally responded to signed up to join the CGC boards within a day of each other? I don't think so.

Is it also a coincidence that Brian Springman - someone that was kicked out of the Frankies Comics operation for his online postings where he bad mouthed other retailers and has posted verbatim the original post on Google+ several times in the past day?

No.

Keep it classy.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but it sounds like there is some parinoia mixed with bad attitude. I'm new to the site yes, because I'm trying to find out as much info about the new venom series and I thought this to be a good spot to get info. When I see a guy say they are messed up due to being bagged wrong and then you post your a mod and don't care it concerns me when I spent a good amount of cash on one of these. I think you need to go smoke a joint or something and calm down.

No.

Keep it classy.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but it sounds like there is some parinoia mixed with bad attitude. I'm new to the site yes, because I'm trying to find out as much info about the new venom series and I thought this to be a good spot to get info. When I see a guy say they are messed up due to being bagged wrong and then you post your a mod and don't care it concerns me when I spent a good amount of cash on one of these. I think you need to go smoke a joint or something and calm down.

Someone posted a Mod or an admin posted information about the condition of the book - false information.

I am a Mod at CBSI and none of the Mods (aside from the one that is a business partner with Frankies who BTW has not commented publicly or privately about the books condition) care about this book and none of us are giving out information about its condition.

There is a lot of paranoia involved here - a lot of people are crying about conditions of books without seeing the books and a lot of those people are actually just one person using shill accounts that is upset about being kicked out of the Frankies Comics business.

Well I just asked the people that I heard this from and they said a guy named Simon told an admin on cbsi that many of them were damaged. Supposedly they were told by this admin Simon told.

I don't know about other people or their involvement with others, etc; I was simply relaying what I heard. I definitely wasn't trying to cause any arguing, I just thought it was something worth sharing.

I do apologize if others are upset, and if I knew it would cause problems, I wouldn't have posted.

What do you mean Brian? (yes Rawking, don't deny that not you!!) Some guy name Simon.? LMAO You know exactly who I am & I am actually also a mod at CBSI.

So some guy called Simon told an admin at CBSI when that some guy happens to be me who is a mod himself?? hmmmmmm

Edited by sadlemoncomics

What do you mean Brian? (yes Rawking, don't deny that not you!!) Some guy name Simon.? LMAO You know exactly who I am & I am actually also a mod at CBSI.

So some guy called Simon told an admin at CBSI when that some guy happens to be me who is a mod himself?? hmmmmmm

For one, I honestly have no idea who you are. I was told that someone on cbsi named Simon told another admin that many were damaged. The guys I talked to said they were told by this admin.

For two, I'm not "Brian", and to hear you come out and assume I'm this person is pretty ridiculous.

I've been a lurker here and many other places and tend not post things publicly. Hell, I have a Facebook account I haven't used in a year or two. I'm a private person.

Son, we live in a world that has comic book message boards, and those boards have to be guarded by men with snarky comments. Who's gonna do it? You? You, RawKing? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for poor shipping, and you curse the post office. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That comic's condition, while tragic, probably saved you the cost of grading fees. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves threads like this. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that comic book message board, you need me on that comic book message board. We use words like non-color breaking crease, honor, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending our fellow man-babies. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the freedom to choose a sleeve of mylar that some collectors prefer for preservation, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a CGC submission form, and stand in line at the post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

:D

Really it says a lot about this how this variant program works.

I really feel for buyers that are buying these books because they love the artist or the character. They are the ones that should be upset.

This whole mess of mixing a seller of variants and advertising the books on a web site that should remain unbiased really just becomes a convoluted mess of conflicted interests.

Makes me feel so much better about the rules on this board.

At this point im contacting the ebay seller and hoping he'll give me a refund because I'd rather miss out on this and be wrong than spend 200 bucks and this mess be real. I contacted frankies and they emailed me back saying that #1 was shipped in mylar bags and that #2 and #3 wont which leads me to believe this may be real enough that they would change how #2 and #3 were being bagged. I love the art on this variant and i'm a huge venom fan. Id rather pay the ebay premium once the books are out vs getting hosed because they were not packaged right and the sellers didn't want to get stuck with books and sent them out to the customers anyway.

At this point im contacting the ebay seller and hoping he'll give me a refund because I'd rather miss out on this and be wrong than spend 200 bucks and this mess be real. I contacted frankies and they emailed me back saying that #1 was shipped in mylar bags and that #2 and #3 wont which leads me to believe this may be real enough that they would change how #2 and #3 were being bagged. I love the art on this variant and i'm a huge venom fan. Id rather pay the ebay premium once the books are out vs getting hosed because they were not packaged right and the sellers didn't want to get stuck with books and sent them out to the customers anyway.

They were in those polybags that you see at stores like Hot Topic and bookstores, not mylar. People today were saying they received copies only in those polybags and not in an additional bag and board.

I missed out on the rare variant, so I didn't bother grabbing the color and black/white; but I did grab some sets of the Ghost Riders and am now worried since those are in these polybags as well.

I don't know why Marvel put these books in those? It's been known for ages that those pre-bagged polybags cause damage during the bagging process, along with books being damaged by handling/transit since they can't be stacked evenly and bend easily because of the flimsy board. The boards aren't bigger than the comic either, so the comic can hang over the edge and get damaged easily.