• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

Anyone know how many of the McFarlane black and white variant have been released? I've heard anything from 1500 to 3000.

Also, being that the black and white is not new art but reused art from the 1988 spiderman how well do you think this will appreciate in value among collectors?

Anyone know how many of the McFarlane black and white variant have been released? I've heard anything from 1500 to 3000.

Also, being that the black and white is not new art but reused art from the 1988 spiderman how well do you think this will appreciate in value among collectors?

all I know is tha it was "one per comic store" and I don't know if that means every comic book store in the nation, ones that ordered a certain amount of something else etc.

I have and i like this take on venom. Maybe now he can finally be the feared villian he once was. Im sick of anti heroes, we have enough. With all the civil wars and b.s. its hard to find any solid heroes or villians in marvel books.

So some folks were told on Thursday or Friday, by an admin at cbsi, that the Venom #1 Dell'Otto's have a decent amount of spine damage they feel was caused by those cheap bags and boards Marvel decided to put them in. He said it looked like the 500 print run covers had the most damages. He said they decided to still ship them out to everyone and that they expected numerous complaints in the near future.

He made it sound like the majority of the print run was affected, so it doesn't sound like any 9.6/9.8's on the horizon. Hopefully the majority don't fall into the VF/NM (9.0) range or below.

I missed out on these and nearly pulled the trigger on a decently priced set I saw on ebay a week or so ago, but now I'm glad I held off to see what happens once people start getting them in hand.

I heard from people that the Ghost Rider Dell'Otto variants are in those Marvel bags as well, and that bums me out since I did grab a couple of those sets already. Sigh...

So some folks were told on Thursday or Friday, by an admin at cbsi, that the Venom #1 Dell'Otto's have a decent amount of spine damage they feel was caused by those cheap bags and boards Marvel decided to put them in. He said it looked like the 500 print run covers had the most damages. He said they decided to still ship them out to everyone and that they expected numerous complaints in the near future.

He made it sound like the majority of the print run was affected, so it doesn't sound like any 9.6/9.8's on the horizon. Hopefully the majority don't fall into the VF/NM (9.0) range or below.

I missed out on these and nearly pulled the trigger on a decently priced set I saw on ebay a week or so ago, but now I'm glad I held off to see what happens once people start getting them in hand.

I heard from people that the Ghost Rider Dell'Otto variants are in those Marvel bags as well, and that bums me out since I did grab a couple of those sets already. Sigh...

I ordered 0 copies of this variant. But I would just like to state for the record that everything you said about a CBSI mod giving you information about this book is false. As a CBSI mod I can say we do not care.

Please post evidence before you try spouting F.A.C.T.s.

So basically you're saying I can look forward to a damaged :500 variant arriving in the mail.

I ordered 0 copies of this variant. But I would just like to state for the record that everything you said about a CBSI mod giving you information about this book is false. As a CBSI mod I can say we do not care.

Please post evidence before you try spouting F.A.C.T.s.

As a CBSI mod you can say you don't care about what, that they are damaged and being sent out anyway?