• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, path4play said:

Two new additions I'm pretty stoked about.  

The Vacation Funnies is the glossiest book I've had to date, almost need shades to block the reflection.  My old Man used to have a copy of this book that I'd read when visiting his old room at my grandma's house.  He would have been eleven when he bought it of the rack.  I would have been about same age when I read thru it. 

The Bug's #28 in keeping with my new obsession for football covers.

22320172-758x1024.jpg

2232017-733x1024.jpg

Your Dad had great tastes in cartoon characters. Why oh why don't my fellow Boardies utilize the 'Looney Tunes' Thread more? :baiting:  :makepoint:

32 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Because I'm down to 32 books to go for my Looney Tunes run, and I often don't feel like scanning my older books?

With that said, there was ECCC last weekend, so a few holes did get filled...

LT_030.jpg

LT_035.jpg

Wow, only 32 to go. Nice! I admittedly i cherry picked most of my LTMM run (War, Holiday, just plain cool, Early, etc, )plus i've got giants, FC, March of Comics, Super Book of Comics, and Foreign editions  also. This will make a nice group shot when you do. 

10 minutes ago, Sagii said:

Wow, only 32 to go. Nice! I admittedly i cherry picked most of my LTMM run (War, Holiday, just plain cool, Early, etc, )plus i've got giants, FC, March of Comics, Super Book of Comics, and Foreign editions  also. This will make a nice group shot when you do. 

Well, I'm specifically trying for the Mary Jane & Sniffles stories, but if that's your project there's no reason to look for 238 issues of Looney Tunes but skip the last 8.  I've also got the full run of Giants, as they all have MJ & S stories, but other than a few odd books here and there I haven't bothered with the other titles and spin-offs.  I should look into the MJ & S text stories in Porky Pig one of these years, though...

14 hours ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Here's a book I picked up at Terry's Yorba Linda Show for $5. I read it today and it contained some great stories and I'm not even a Western guy. Check these out if you get a chance; it's a great run.

tn_RedRyder81.jpg

Hummm, "Paul" copy too. Must have bought from my friend Jim Maley. Heck of a nice guy.

On 3/27/2017 at 5:01 AM, Yellow Kid said:

I always thought that Fred Harman made Red Ryder the best of the west!

Just got this cool funnybook...

redryder1.jpg

14 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Just got this cool funnybook...

redryder1.jpg

This is a great book and the Hi-Spot series is very rare.  This title was so popular that a high quality copy of it was made that looks nearly perfect.  And try and find a copy of Hi-Spot #2, it is a very rare E. R. Burroughs title.