• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

Boo!

:eek: Now that scarecrow is creepy.

I've noticed the comics from time to time but had no idea that was a show, thanks for posting.

I'm a Patrick McGoohan fan so I'll have to check it out some time.

Worth watching if you can get a copy. The Disney Archive edition is going for $300. since it is out of print but there may be other ways to get a copy.

I still remember the classic hanging scene as a kid. I re-watched with my own kids a few years back and it was still really good!

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

Boo!

:eek: Now that scarecrow is creepy.

I've noticed the comics from time to time but had no idea that was a show, thanks for posting.

I'm a Patrick McGoohan fan so I'll have to check it out some time.

Worth watching if you can get a copy. The Disney Archive edition is going for $300. since it is out of print but there may be other ways to get a copy.

I still remember the classic hanging scene as a kid. I re-watched with my own kids a few years back and it was still really good!

I saw those oop dvd's were real expensive but there's a place nearby that has it for rent so I'm in luck.

Thanks go to Scrooge for recommending this 100 pager earlier in the thread. 99 of those pages have John Buscema art.

The book touches on every president from George to Ike and reads like a history of the U.S. with the "stories" tying into each other.

I thought it was a good read and enjoyed Buscema's art. It's not an action oriented book but Buscema did master the "guys standing around in suits" portion.

Also, it was odd that the book gave 2 pages for Jefferson but 8 pages to Grover Cleveland (same as Washington, Lincoln and Teddy). What the heck?

Life%20Stories%20Of%20the%20American%20Presidents_zpsxglw5tnp.jpg

Life%20Stories%20Of%20American%20presidents%20Page-1_zpsjwq7cvtr.jpg

Life%20Stories%20Of%20American%20presidents%20Page-2_zpsfpj79b98.jpg

Life%20Stories%20Of%20American%20presidents%20Back%20Coverx_zpsiincks7o.jpg

:applause:

No no no, no action but that's to be expected. It's such a different genre for Buscema who we (at least, I) know more for his Conan work but, on both pages you've shown, he "accessorized" the pages well enough to keep it interesting.

Thanks for posting the Ben Bowie. I thought I was the only collecting that title lol

:applause:

No no no, no action but that's to be expected. It's such a different genre for Buscema who we (at least, I) know more for his Conan work but, on both pages you've shown, he "accessorized" the pages well enough to keep it interesting.

Thanks for posting the Ben Bowie. I thought I was the only collecting that title lol

You can't get much further from his Conan books than this Presidents book.

lol You're not alone on the Bowie books. I think I only have 5 of them but will eventually get the rest. There's a boardie that has a real high grade run but I can't remember who. (shrug)

That's right. I remember now. It's icculus308win

Here's a quote from another thread from 2 years ago, though it's a Four Color -

Just won the absolute cornerstone of my Ben Bowie collection!! :cloud9:

There are only 5 books in the Registry and the next highest grade is a sole 9.0. So this 9.6 was a must win for me, my Ben Bowie collection and set.

I feel like a pig in mess!! :whee:

81C73298-BF19-4118-8344-EBB756AF250B_zpsjp0vxa5b.jpg

That's right. I remember now. It's icculus308win

Here's a quote from another thread from 2 years ago, though it's a Four Color -

Just won the absolute cornerstone of my Ben Bowie collection!! :cloud9:

There are only 5 books in the Registry and the next highest grade is a sole 9.0. So this 9.6 was a must win for me, my Ben Bowie collection and set.

I feel like a pig in mess!! :whee:

81C73298-BF19-4118-8344-EBB756AF250B_zpsjp0vxa5b.jpg

He has some great ones, that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing the interiors. Looks like a cool book. :applause:

Thanks go to Scrooge for recommending this 100 pager earlier in the thread. 99 of those pages have John Buscema art.

The book touches on every president from George to Ike and reads like a history of the U.S. with the "stories" tying into each other.

I thought it was a good read and enjoyed Buscema's art. It's not an action oriented book but Buscema did master the "guys standing around in suits" portion.

Also, it was odd that the book gave 2 pages for Jefferson but 8 pages to Grover Cleveland (same as Washington, Lincoln and Teddy). What the heck?

Life%20Stories%20Of%20the%20American%20Presidents_zpsxglw5tnp.jpg

That does look like an interesting book. As for Grover Cleveland maybe all the detailed books on the lives of the other presidents weren't available at the library of the writer! James Garfield would probably have made a good subject for those pages.

That does look like an interesting book. As for Grover Cleveland maybe all the detailed books on the lives of the other presidents weren't available at the library of the writer! James Garfield would probably have made a good subject for those pages.

Thanks adam and that's an interesting thought, 40yrs, on the available reference material dictating the pages per subject.

I don't know much about Garfield except he was assassinated early in his term.

It has been a scanning week...

At last years OAF Con a dealer was set up near the back of the room with a bunch of random golden age comics. His stock was especially heavy of strip reprint stuff. I usually spend very little time going through those, but his books were all in really nice shape and they seemed very reasonably prices. I start stacking a few things up and he said "build a pile, they are all half off". Late Tip Tops never register on my radar, but for essentially $25 each these sure did...

tiptop212.jpg