• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Magazine Appreciation - Cover & Story Favorites
4 4

242 posts in this topic

I take it some of you have read The Warren Companion? This was published by Twomorrows Publishing in 2001. Nearly 300 pages.

Description on Amazon reads:

The Warren Companion is the ultimate compendium to the great comics of Warren Publishing, examining all the titles including Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, Blazing Combat, Help!, The Spirit, and many more! Including the most cross-indexed artist and writer listing, this tome also features a new painted cover by Alex Horley, reams of unpublished art, archival photos, examinations of Warren's competition, plus exhaustive details on Warren merchandise, conventions, top strips, most prolific contributors, foreign publications, and many other fascinating oddities! Also featuring new articles on Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta, Steve Ditko and others, and interviews with Bernie Wrightson, Jim Warren, Will Eisner, Neal Adams, Gene Colan and many more.

Really hard to find but well worth the incredible info inside. It'll set you back $80+ if you can track a used copy down on eBay or Abebooks. (thumbs u

warren_companion_cvr.jpg

I take it some of you have read The Warren Companion? This was published by Twomorrows Publishing in 2001. Nearly 300 pages.

Description on Amazon reads:

The Warren Companion is the ultimate compendium to the great comics of Warren Publishing, examining all the titles including Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, Blazing Combat, Help!, The Spirit, and many more! Including the most cross-indexed artist and writer listing, this tome also features a new painted cover by Alex Horley, reams of unpublished art, archival photos, examinations of Warren's competition, plus exhaustive details on Warren merchandise, conventions, top strips, most prolific contributors, foreign publications, and many other fascinating oddities! Also featuring new articles on Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta, Steve Ditko and others, and interviews with Bernie Wrightson, Jim Warren, Will Eisner, Neal Adams, Gene Colan and many more.

Really hard to find but well worth the incredible info inside. It'll set you back $80+ if you can track a used copy down on eBay or Abebooks. (thumbs u

warren_companion_cvr.jpg

Oh Vampirella :luhv:

Here are scans of my earliest Eerie mags:

Eerie2.jpg

Eerie3.jpg

Eerie4.jpg

Eerie5.jpg

:cool:

...NICE. My favorites are Creepy 1 with the awesome Frazetta story and the couple of Adams issues in the teens. Any of them with Wrightson are cool. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am becoming a big fan of the Creepy mags.and want to try to get a complete set in VF or better.On to Creepy #1 :applause:

:baiting:

121492.jpg

:whee:

Soon my friend,very soon. ;) By the way is it for sale? :grin:

Negative. I've been wanting a nice copy of this for a while. Mission accomplished. :headbang:

I finally bought my keeper. :acclaim:

cre3288a_zps2e665750.jpg

I am becoming a big fan of the Creepy mags.and want to try to get a complete set in VF or better.On to Creepy #1 :applause:

121492.jpg

Negative. I've been wanting a nice copy of this for a while. Mission accomplished. :headbang:

cre3288a_zps2e665750.jpg

Sweet copy, Oak.

I love this magazine when it has a rich yellow color strike. :cloud9:

121492.jpg

cre3288a_zps2e665750.jpg

Sweet copy, Oak.

The pic doesn't do it justice,simply a beauty. :acclaim:

Now I have a fine+ copy for the Christmas raffle. (thumbs u

121492.jpg

cre3288a_zps2e665750.jpg

Sweet copy, Oak.

The pic doesn't do it justice,simply a beauty. :acclaim:

Now I have a fine+ copy for the Christmas raffle. (thumbs u

I'll have to send my copy in with my next submission in a week or two.

I don't know what it will get, but I figure it's at least an 8.5. :cloud9: