• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Magazine Appreciation - Cover & Story Favorites
4 4

242 posts in this topic

I really like all the covers on Warren's "Spacemen" mags. Unfortunately, not having "deep pockets" forces me to try to collect Warren number ones so that I will have at least an example of alot of the Warren family.

Mike

P.S. I have to stop using that expression "deep pockets." I don't know where I got it from???

Below is my copy of "Spacemen."

<a  href=lCh1Bwul.jpg' alt='lCh1Bwul.jpg'>

While I'm at it, below is a pic of my Eeirie #1. Technically, it's #2. But, from what I understand, legitimate copies of number one are scarcer than hen's teeth and there are more forgeries than real copies out there. So, for all intents and purposes this issue is #1 (for me, anyway). Regardless, it is an example of one of Warren's publications in my collection. - Mike

<a  href=dm2duRYl.jpg' alt='dm2duRYl.jpg'>

Edited by Batko

That's a beautiful copy of Screen Thrills. You have to wonder though which market Warren was targetting. The title of the publication is very Hollywoodsy, like Screen Gems magazine, and therefore seems to be targetting the middle aged housewife movie star obsessed crowd. Yet the cover is all wrong for the Hollywood crowd since it appears to be targetting kids.

So what was Jim Warren's thinking?

???