• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage November Signature Auction

432 posts in this topic

Batman #1. 4 years ago you could have had the Billy Wright copy for $247,000. Today a 5.5 sells for $240,000.

What does the Larson copy need to do to not feel like a laggard?

And yet #2 only 12k. The difference between keys and nonkeys has become staggering

Yes, looks like all of the other Batman books except for a scant few at the end sold for less than guide, even after taking the HA juice into account.

Doubt the consignor would be happy with these results after taking off the HA fees. :cry:

Almost bought the Police 1. I think that is under valued. Just didn't make the last bid.

Hope a boardie got it.

Agreed, I'm a big fan of the book. I think being CBCS graded may have hurt the hammer price considering what a CGC 2.5 sold for earlier this year.

+1

I thought it was still a pretty strong price for the book, especially when you factor in the negative CBCS qualifying notes right there on the label. hm

Being the first ever appearances for both Plastic man and Phantom Lady, I believe this long underappreciated key book will have a lot of upward price potential going forward. (thumbs u

$644,774

Not bad.

Do we know who the consignor was?

Yes.

I spoke with a former IRS contact of mine and asked if they were interested in tracking these big money auctions, and he said most definitely.

Does Heritage issue a tax form or otherwise report these transactions for their consignors?

Anybody who has $600,000 moving through their account will not have it go unnoticed.

New anti-laundering laws force banks to comply or they are held accountable if hanky panky is going on.

I missed the conversation. So was the $644K what the Pep run sold for?

CGC 7.5 Brenda Starr 14 $5258

...happy with my 7.0

Yes, definitely looks like the classic GGA covers are continuing to sell for astronomical prices, as clearly evident by the final results on both of the Blue Beetle books and the Seven Seas 4. :blush:

Particularly on the mid-grade Seven Seas 4 which sold for more than 5X condition guide price, especially when there are 3 copies in similar grade with another further 8 more copies in even higher grade than this one here. :o

$644,774

Not bad.

Yes.

I spoke with a former IRS contact of mine and asked if they were interested in tracking these big money auctions, and he said most definitely.

Does Heritage issue a tax form or otherwise report these transactions for their consignors?

Anybody who has $600,000 moving through their account will not have it go unnoticed.

New anti-laundering laws force banks to comply or they are held accountable if hanky panky is going on.

I missed the conversation. So was the $644K what the Pep run sold for?

Yeah, that was the selling price of the Pep run.

$644,774

Not bad.

Yes.

Thanks for the feedback Roy, but it doesn't answer my question re: Heritage's tax reporting procedures (I've never consigned with HA, so I honestly don't know).

I dont have any idea how Heritage seem to get 25% more on the same graded books then the other guys all the time. (shrug) Watch the Bat 1 6.5 on CC auction and see if it gets what the 5.5 Bat 1 did on H. hm Anyone know who got the Bat 1 5.5 hope my buddy got it :wishluck:

MF73 8.0 did well too.

+1

Yes, I had thought this book was cooling off a bit after the big record setting sales from last year, especially with the 8.0 copy that CC was able to fetch for their VF copy back in the summer of 2015.

I guess it's still maintaining its lofty perch up there, with this VF copy going for almost $105K. :o

anyone have any thoughts on that cool tobacco book from 1875 or whenever it was? a fascinating piece for sure.

My thought is that this is going to be the answer to the trivia question for:

What is the oldest book to be graded in 9.8 condition? hm

I think Sandoval was expecting the Flash 1 to close significantly higher, given how long he kept it open.

No, probably more like he was stunned frozen at how high this copy had managed to go for. lol

After all, is this not a huge record price for a Flash 1 in this mid-grade condition, with 6 other copies grading higher than this particular copy here? hm

I dont have any idea how Heritage seem to get 25% more on the same graded books then the other guys all the time. (shrug) Watch the Bat 1 6.5 on CC auction and see if it gets what the 5.5 Bat 1 did on H. hm

Are you sure that HA gets 25% more than the other auction houses on their equivalent graded books all the time? I believe it's probably more on an individual case by case basis, and especially in terms of CC which also tends to get pretty high prices for some of their books. hm

For example, CC had a CGC 8.0 copy of MF 73 with off-white to white pages which managed to fetch $99K back in the summer of 2015. Heritage's CGC 8.0 copy with white pages managed to fetch $104K 19 months later, which looks like a wash to me.

Isn't CC also the auction house that seems to be the market leader when it comes to sales for pre-Robin 'Tec books and also for copies of Action 1's. And if you look at the Batman books (other than the 5.5 Bat 1) in this particular Heritage auction, they all seem to have gone for less than condition guide price.

I also believe the price for the CGC 6.5 copy of Bat 1 in the upcoming CC auction will be negatively affected by the fact that they are also auctioning off the Larson 8.0 copy of Bat 1 in the same auction. :tonofbricks:

The restored batman 1, detective 33,36, more fun 54 and All star 8 all went for resonable prices. Softening market or the time of year?

Do you expect unreasonable prices every time a book sells?

It's unrealistic to expect every book to beat the last GPA sale.

The restored batman 1, detective 33,36, more fun 54 and All star 8 all went for resonable prices. Softening market or the time of year?

Do you expect unreasonable prices every time a book sells?

It's unrealistic to expect every book to beat the last GPA sale.

The Tec 33 blew up GPA. (shrug)

-J.