• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage November Signature Auction

432 posts in this topic

The restored batman 1, detective 33,36, more fun 54 and All star 8 all went for resonable prices. Softening market or the time of year?

Do you expect unreasonable prices every time a book sells?

It's unrealistic to expect every book to beat the last GPA sale.

With key golden age books it seems prices rise with each auction.

In regards to the prices beating the last GPA sale, most times I see books for sale at a show or online, the prices are above GPA. As many have said, it's just one reference point. So seeing keys like early detectives and all star 8 selling for a resonable amount is not a common occurrence in my opinion. You may or may not agree.

It's only in the last couple of (or few) years that this frenzy has been in the markets. Before that, books rose steadily in price but if a book jumped 'out of the water' it was something to talk about.

You didn't have these sort of increases and quite honestly, I'm thankful for some normalcy as it's a good sign.

In a market where every sale beats the last one for any book of any real interest, that market will fall back on itself.

Yeah I agree the prices on GA keys are starting to divorce from reality, or at least, from my reality

The restored batman 1, detective 33,36, more fun 54 and All star 8 all went for resonable prices. Softening market or the time of year?

In regards to the prices beating the last GPA sale, most times I see books for sale at a show or online, the prices are above GPA. As many have said, it's just one reference point. So seeing keys like early detectives and all star 8 selling for a resonable amount is not a common occurrence in my opinion. You may or may not agree.

It's only in the last couple of (or few) years that this frenzy has been in the markets. Before that, books rose steadily in price but if a book jumped 'out of the water' it was something to talk about.

You didn't have these sort of increases and quite honestly, I'm thankful for some normalcy as it's a good sign.

In a market where every sale beats the last one for any book of any real interest, that market will fall back on itself.

That's why I said to step back and take a longer term look. That Tec #33 sold for DOUBLE the last GPA from two years ago. Now when you pull back your perspective a bit, does it still look like the price is 'reasonable' and the market has pulled back?

I'd say a 100% increase is pretty aggressive and maybe still even unreasonable.

;)

Considering what and compared to the surrounding pre-Robins over the past couple of years, that price, while $6k higher from a 2014 sale (not "double", but still a healthy 40% more), is actually "only" $3k higher from a 2013 sale, and is probably still "reasonable" (if not a bargain), all things considered.

-J.

I find the Tec 33 sold for just about the right price. Entry level copy @ 10K/point

Tec 36 and Tec 38 results were a bit weak imo

Say what you want but the 29 was bid in the hopes of blue.

That's why I said to step back and take a longer term look. That Tec #33 sold for DOUBLE the last GPA from two years ago. Now when you pull back your perspective a bit, does it still look like the price is 'reasonable' and the market has pulled back?

I'd say a 100% increase is pretty aggressive and maybe still even unreasonable.

;)

Considering what and compared to the surrounding pre-Robins over the past couple of years, that price, while $6k higher from a 2014 sale (not "double", but still a healthy 40% more), is actually "only" $3k higher from a 2013 sale, and is probably still "reasonable" (if not a bargain), all things considered.

-J.

Sorry, I was going by memory.

But the price I expected the book at was mid teens.

I know this is not comic books but Schulz is definitely one of the all-time legends.

Just picked up something from my real first love :cloud9:

Kind of a timely topic as well.

HNPveNGh.jpg

What a great piece (Peanuts was my first love, as well)! :o

I know this is not comic books but Schulz is definitely one of the all-time legends.

Just picked up something from my real first love :cloud9:

Kind of a timely topic as well.

HNPveNGh.jpg

What a great piece (Peanuts was my first love, as well)! :o

Mine, too. I think Schulz went on too long and was completely gassed many years before he finally gave it up (and almost immediately died). But in the 1960s when i was reading it as a kid, it was like nothing else on the comics page. Brilliant and innovative. I still enjoy rereading the strips from that era.

I dont have any idea how Heritage seem to get 25% more on the same graded books then the other guys all the time. (shrug) Watch the Bat 1 6.5 on CC auction and see if it gets what the 5.5 Bat 1 did on H. hm Anyone know who got the Bat 1 5.5 hope my buddy got it :wishluck:

Hi Woo Woo, I'm your buddy, and no I did not get the book,

I went to 200K and could not bid to the 265K inc BP too rich for my blood,

I dont have any idea how Heritage seem to get 25% more on the same graded books then the other guys all the time. (shrug) Watch the Bat 1 6.5 on CC auction and see if it gets what the 5.5 Bat 1 did on H. hm Anyone know who got the Bat 1 5.5 hope my buddy got it :wishluck:

Hi Woo Woo, I'm your buddy, and no I did not get the book,

I went to 200K and could not bid to the 265K inc BP too rich for my blood,

The BP itself is :screwy: You will find a better copy for less good luck Bunky :popcorn:

Particularly on the mid-grade Seven Seas 4 which sold for more than 5X condition guide price, especially when there are 3 copies in similar grade with another further 8 more copies in even higher grade than this one here. :o

Seven Seas #4 in 6.5 pretty much maintained the same selling price ($6,100) as last year ($6,200) according to GPA. Still impressive considering the book was selling for around $3k in that condition 3 years ago.

Can somebody explain to me why Seven Seas #4 is so highly sought after when it is basically just another GGA underwater cover which seems to be rather prevalent during that time period? ???

For example, Rangers 39 is also another beautiful GGA underwater cover in the same mode and does not go for anywhere near what the Seven Seas 4 is able to command in the marketplace. :cloud9::takeit:

And this is coming from somebody who owns a high grade copy of Seven Seas 4. :whee:

Particularly on the mid-grade Seven Seas 4 which sold for more than 5X condition guide price, especially when there are 3 copies in similar grade with another further 8 more copies in even higher grade than this one here. :o

Seven Seas #4 in 6.5 pretty much maintained the same selling price ($6,100) as last year ($6,200) according to GPA. Still impressive considering the book was selling for around $3k in that condition 3 years ago.

Can somebody explain to me why Seven Seas #4 is so highly sought after when it is basically just another GGA underwater cover which seems to be rather prevalent during that time period? ???

For example, Rangers 39 is also another beautiful GGA underwater cover in the same mode and does not go for anywhere near what the Seven Seas 4 is able to command in the marketplace. :cloud9::takeit:

And this is coming from somebody who owns a high grade copy of Seven Seas 4. :whee:

Matt Baker

Matt Baker

Yes, I know, but I still prefer the green on the Rangers cover over the red on the Seven Seas cover. :gossip:

I will admit, however, that the shark on the Seven Sea cover does definitely look more menacing as compared to the stretched out tentacles of the hidden octopus on the Rangers cover. hm

Or maybe it's just a case of the grass is always greener on the other side since I already own a copy of Seven Seas 4. doh!

Matt Baker

Yes, I know, but I still prefer the green on the Rangers cover over the red on the Seven Seas cover. :gossip:

I will admit, however, that the shark on the Seven Sea cover does definitely look more menacing as compared to the stretched out tentacles of the hidden octopus on the Rangers cover. hm

Or maybe it's just a case of the grass is always greener on the other side since I already own a copy of Seven Seas 4. doh!

If you have to ask what the difference is, I can't explain it to you. If you already knew, I wouldn't have to.

Matt Baker

If you have to ask what the difference is, I can't explain it to you. If you already knew, I wouldn't have to.

The shark, her pose making her look extra curvy, red is a stronger draw than green, Matt Baker.

Did I miss anything?