• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

Why do you guys do this to yourself? This is a prime example of why you shouldn't do business with someone.

Is the book so rare you can't find it anywhere else? Let them burn money paying real estate taxes and employee salaries until they get it.

Even with the added shipping charge, *if* the books arrive in stated condition, it's a decent price. Not a steal, but not highway robbery either.

However, based on this transaction, I will not do business with them again. I tried them out and learned my lesson. Perhaps others can learn from my mistake, too.

Icing on the cake update: Received my order today; instead of sending me the comic pictured on the site at the time of purchase (and priced accordingly), I now have the less valuable alternate cover. :facepalm:

#neveragain

I would email them and see if they will exchange out....

I on the other hand would cut my losses and run.

Must be nice....

man-burning-money.ju.top_zpsh46yhnmk.jpg

Why do you guys do this to yourself? This is a prime example of why you shouldn't do business with someone.

Is the book so rare you can't find it anywhere else? Let them burn money paying real estate taxes and employee salaries until they get it.

Even with the added shipping charge, *if* the books arrive in stated condition, it's a decent price. Not a steal, but not highway robbery either.

However, based on this transaction, I will not do business with them again. I tried them out and learned my lesson. Perhaps others can learn from my mistake, too.

Icing on the cake update: Received my order today; instead of sending me the comic pictured on the site at the time of purchase (and priced accordingly), I now have the less valuable alternate cover. :facepalm:

#neveragain

I would email them and see if they will exchange out....

Email sent last night highlighting all of the issues I had during this transaction. Waiting on a reply.

Edited by manetteska

^ No excuse for that....they need to make that right. I guess it's hard pulling stuff when there's 10 millon comics to go through.

Must be nice....

man-burning-money.ju.top_zpsh46yhnmk.jpg

Hate to be a drag about reality and all, but there is some risk in this hobby, which is why OG always talks about picking sellers that honor no-hassle refunds. Yes, we know the buyer that are around that would abuse the hell out of said policy....but for most honest folks....disagreements/dissatisfaction is best handled with good customer service. I guess Chuck has had his fill of it and it's just easier to just sever all ties.

^ No excuse for that....they need to make that right. I guess it's hard pulling stuff when there's 10 millon comics to go through.

Must be nice....

Hate to be a drag about reality and all, but there is some risk in this hobby, which is why OG always talks about picking sellers that honor no-hassle refunds. Yes, we know the buyer that are around that would abuse the hell out of said policy....but for most honest folks....disagreements/dissatisfaction is best handled with good customer service. I guess Chuck has had his fill of it and it's just easier to just sever all ties.

I just had an issue with an order this week.

I documented the condition with photos, told them why the issue happened (poor packaging) and politely asked how they would like to resolve the issue.

They responded in four days. I honeslty don't expect anyone to respond within 12 hours. Four days is a little longer than I would like, but it's better than other times with them.

They offered three ways to resolve the issue. All of which were acceptable, or even more than acceptable, including a full refund.

Edited by ygogolak

I've never heard anything good about Mile High Comics, just take one look at their website and you'll think you've been transported back in time to the dial up days, looking at sites built by angelfire, on netscape navigator. That alone was enough to tell me this is not a place I want to buy comics from.

I use MyComicShop.com to pick up back issues. If the book is even remotely valuable, they are overpriced, but if you're just filling in a few issues here and there, they are great

I think we have two kinds of people commenting on here about Mile High. I personally would only buy from them to resell. Most who seem to be having problems are buying for their personal collection. If I'm going to drop down a good chunk of money on something for the PC I want to be able to see it in person.

Also, not sure why you guys think the prices are mile high. :insane:

carnage_zpsojbstnzs.jpg

But, but, it's a newsstand! Direct is only $380. :)

Sweet! I have both newsstand and direct copies. I'll run a boardie special where I will sell them at 50% of Chuck's Good price (each).

This video may have been shared previously, but I enjoyed Chuck's explanation when a collector asked him about his raw NM 98 priced at $2,600.

Fast forward to about 21:20. Interesting perspective.

And if you've never heard of Comic Trips I highly recommend them. Great YouTubers.

Appreciate the heads up on that channel, I had not run across them before. Also really appreciate Chuck's explanation. Interesting take and I found myself actually nodding to myself "yeah that makes sense". I'd like to go and visit.

Chuck just scored another big collection...he is going around the usa and buying collection after collection , check out the e-mail newsletters when you get to the site and just click...

he wants more...and more...and even more....

Also, not sure why you guys think the prices are mile high. :insane:

carnage_zpsojbstnzs.jpg

He has the right to price things at whatever he likes, but he or the people that work for him have to know that slabbed 9.8 copies of that book can be had for under $300.

Chuck just scored another big collection...he is going around the usa and buying collection after collection , check out the e-mail newsletters when you get to the site and just click...

he wants more...and more...and even more....

10 million comics and when I check silver/bronsze books they are never in stock...so he must have a lot of drek.

How come MILE HIGH doesn't post actual pics??

Of all 10,000,000 comics?

If you could make a scan every minute it would take 19+ years if you worked 24 hours a day. Plus, if you paid people $10/hr to do it, it would cost $1,666,666.67.

Now, if you mean scans of comics over a certain pricing threshhold like MCS does, that would be a reasonable request.