• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread Nobody Demanded: Buzzetta: NYCC 2016: Wrap Up and Loot on Pg 16

198 posts in this topic

Walked down the garment district...

Note the rolls of garment actually tossed against the windows and filling the lofts of the warehouse...

IMG_3490.jpg

I figured I would try a sandwich place I had never been to before.

This was called a Wreck... interesting... maybe I will go again... probably not though but maybe. It was barely above my "no fast food rule" but it was awfully close.

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

I don't know who she is supposed to be, but in person she definitely has the body for that costume. (Not that the picture makes it look like she doesn't, just in person...)

Chief Wahoo :luhv: and that meal at Daisy Mays

I just looked it up and still cannot figure out who she is supposed to be.

Or what the giant ork thing is.

Need to take a break... sold some more smaller things... need to box them up for a mailing tomorrow. I will be back along with my loot.

IMG_3320.jpg

A greggy-wannabe in training.

Dude looks peaceful amid the chaos that is the comic con around him. We should all be so lucky to have the ability to sleep through something like that.

Now on to my loot.

GI Joe 109 Page 15

This was from the issue where Tomax and Xamot misunderstand a command from Cobra Commander and order the SAW Viper to 'get rid of the Joes' On this page we have Tomax (or Xamot), a Tele Viper, Breaker, Dial Tone, Hawk, and Lady Jaye with mentions of Clutch, Rock and Roll, and Wild Card. This was happily added to my Marvel Joe Art Collection.

Tunnel Rat: Commission by Larry Hama

Tunnel Rat was modeled after Larry Hama and once that was known it became a fan favorite and Tunnel Rat is still a popular Joe even today. I already had three prior commissions which included two Snake Eyes commissions with one being a #21 recreation along with a Storm Shadow. Tunnel Rat seemed like an appropriate choice. Larry Hama is basically the George Lucas of GI Joe (as far as the creator of a universe) and a hard working guy that enjoys his fans. It's always a pleasure to stop and say hello.

Funko Indiana Jones: Indy's Ride

This was a wait and a half but worth it for now. This was a NYCC Exclusive.

Funko Hawkwoman NYCC Exclusive

So long as I was there for Indy, I figured I would pick up another Funko as a possible gift for someone that might be interested.

Masterpiece Transformers Rodimus / Hot Rod

This was picked up outside the show since there was not a single vendor selling any MP Transformers.

IMG_3501.jpg

Wrap Up...

It was alright. I knew going in that I was curbing spending this year especially after a few recent CLink purchases. I dropped off some very minor things at CLink that I wanted to get rid of and I dropped off 15 Silver and Gold books at CGC. The idea is to get them soon so they can be thrown up to the eBay gods.

Maybe I am getting older or maybe I am getting tired or a combination of both. I honestly do not know how people make money at these shows with the exception of CGC and perhaps the Knock Off Lego guys. Funko must make a ridiculous sum but I cannot see SOME vendors making it worth their while unless they are appealing to future customers.

Again... there is a lot of tchotchke buying at lower dollar amounts. Again I fall victim to the mysterious power of Funko though.

In retrospect there were three things that I was thinking of getting that I passed on.

1 - The Animite DX Voltron with little dot figures $80

2 - The Herocross Metal Diecast Superman (Cheaper on Amazon at $59 dlvd)

3 - Bloom County - Berke Breathed Hardcover printing the 2016 strips.

I may put them on my Christmas lists.

There were a LOT of interesting books that I had my eye on but most of all I have my eye on a page of art. I held off as if it is meant to be it will be come next spring. If not then so be it and I have a LOT of other cool pieces in my collection. There were a nice selection though of GA and Silver from the usual dealers. As stated earlier I personally think that Rick, Adam, Storms, Greg Reece and Dale Roberts have some very impressive setups and a quality selection. I say that not because they are boardies but because they honestly have a great friggin selection.

The floors are horrendous though. At one point I found it incredibly difficult to walk. I wore the wrong shoes on Thursday and I paid for it over the course of the rest of the show.

Panels were near impossible to get through and despite the offsite locations, the shows were very crowded.

As always it was nice seeing those that I did. Greggy and Roy... you were missed.

Until next year... maybe... So long as there is a Pro Pass waiting for me and I get to cut some lines every now and then I will keep going.

So farewell and Threadcrap away... :D

I WILL respond .. lol

Decent Cap costume...

on to the next one...

IMG_3222.jpg

That's the cosplayer that the cast of Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. played a joke on him. But his costume is really fantastic. He even added magnets on his shield so it attaches to his back.

:applause:

'What did you think of Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.?'

'I watched the first season of it...didn't really get into it.'

'Not so great...huh?'

lol