• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

Hey Kevin, I know you're busy gearing up for Boston but had a question.. Got my guidebook today, in the exhibitors I'm not seeing CGC, Action Labs or the Campbell store?

Also are the comic vendors down this year? picking seems a little slim, maybe lots of new guys iv'e not heard of before? Nice to see Harley back. He always bring the good stuff! 

14 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Hey Kevin, I know you're busy gearing up for Boston but had a question.. Got my guidebook today, in the exhibitors I'm not seeing CGC, Action Labs or the Campbell store?

Also are the comic vendors down this year? picking seems a little slim, maybe lots of new guys iv'e not heard of before? Nice to see Harley back. He always bring the good stuff! 

And yet even though several comic dealers from the comic section aren't re-attending they've shafted me back to the anime section...

6 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

No Way!!!! Thats tough man. As long as you're in isle 400-1000 you'll be ok i think.  It's the junk vendors in the 12-1700 isle thats a ghost town.

I'm not in isle 400-1000 ;)

As it stands 1100...same exact spot as last year.  When I rebooked they told me they'd move me and put on my application that I wanted to be moved (I did that right in front of Gurmeet).  It didn't work.

I also asked for a second booth.  I know for a fact there are several comic dealers not getting as many booths or returning.  It didn't work.

2 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

They are still placing some businesses as far as I know. People are still getting notifications of placement. I know CGC intends to be there, as does Action Labs, and the Campbell Store is definitely in.

I have to place all of the comic guests as well, just waiting for some revisions in the comics pro section.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

55 minutes ago, uscmex said:

Does anyone know what Jim Lee charges for a signature? looking to get all 29 Trading Card covers signed and witnessed

I'm pretty sure I heard on Fan Expo's twitter that Jim Lee will be signing only one item per person for free, not sure if that's changed or not 

At fan expo dallas Jim lee did a 1-2 hour free signing, 1 item per person and cgc was not able to witness it.

they sell Jim Lee packages and I think the highest tier package allows for 3 items for CGC. If you really wanted that many books signed most likely need to hook up with a cgc facilitator who has a private signing with Jim.

10 hours ago, uscmex said:

Does anyone know what Jim Lee charges for a signature? looking to get all 29 Trading Card covers signed and witnessed

Ya, In the main signing area he will only be doing RAW sigs and its limited to 1 per person. There is a special CGC jim lee package for 189.00 canadian that allows you 3 witnessed signatures. These special packages are limited to 100 people only. So if you have 29 sigs to get and you want them witnessed and slabbed your best bet is to hit up a facilitator there like Gotham Central to see if they have a private signing with Jim. I'm pretty sure his cgc siganture fee is around 25$ US per sig. 

Anyway you slice it 29 books is gonna cost you a pretty penny after grading sig fees and facilitator fees.

It was super hard for me to widdle my huge Jim lee collection down to 3 books but I went with Batman 608 2nd print, and both covers of Batman 619 (Heroes and Villains)

1 hour ago, ignimbrite said:

I am surprised David and Meridith Finch aren't going to be there. Being Canadian and all I assumed they would be!

Any idea when the exclusives will be announced?

I'm more shocked no Francis Manapul. Canadian as well. I always get some great remarked books from him. And he's an awesome dude to chat with.