• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What artist are you excited about at the moment?

32 posts in this topic

We all have our favorites, that we collect or are in he look out for their art - but with this post I hope to hear about artists that you are excited about collecting at the moment. For example, while I don't yet own anything by D. Dillin, I recently started looking at justice League art and become a bit of a new fan

Hoping others can share what they're excited about these days - whether it be new artists that many may not know or old time artists that you just started paying attention to.

As a funny aside the message boards won't let me spell out D**k . It puts the word "spoon" in when publishing the article. Now I finally get where this spoon comes from.

I have been a long-time Chris Stevens fan and have my first published piece coming. Really excited to add one of his amazing cover to my collection.

I have seen his work on CAF- but wasn't sure - does he actually work for marvel/DC- or is he a commission guy only?

I have been a long-time Chris Stevens fan and have my first published piece coming. Really excited to add one of his amazing cover to my collection.

I have seen his work on CAF- but wasn't sure - does he actually work for marvel/DC- or is he a commission guy only?

I'm not sure about DC, but he has done several published covers for Marvel.

John Buscema Conan, Don Perlin Defenders, Don Heck anything hero related. I just bought some Al Hartley Patsy Walker Marvel art from 1961 and did a bunch of background research on him. He was almost a right hand for Stan Lee for a few years. A key Marvel man, but only did one superhero book. I also have a soft spot for Stan's brother Larry Lieber. Modern artists are Ryan Stegman and Evan Shaner.

I dream of owning a page from John Romita and Jack Kirby some day.

I'm not sure about DC, but he has done several published covers for Marvel.

I don't follow DC and I am not aware of any Stevens DC covers. He has done several Marvel covers. He seems to get tapped on the shoulder for a handful or so a year.

Mike Mignola (why oh why did I sell so many over the years?), Carmine Infantino, and Bill Everett.

I'm with you on the Mignola selling regret. Sold 3 or 4 pieces and now I have none and I pretty much want the kind of pages I sold. Unfortunately, they are about 3X the price of what I sold the for. Sigh.

Newer - Adam Gorham

Recent Gorham cover I picked up that is stunning in person

Older - Al McWilliams. I picked up a couple of his sci-fi pieces a few months ago and his brushwork is really nice. I've yet to buy a Twin Earths, but looking for a good example in the near future :wishluck: . he seems to be an under rated artist

Really loving the style of Marco Guaglione and his FB updates.

And always looking forward to another completed commission from Gary Martin.

If you like Henry Rollins, check out some of these VIDEOS I MADE WITH THE COMMISSIONS :popcorn:

Artists I'm liking but haven't gotten anything from yet:

Ryan Stegman

Joelle Jones

In no particular order: Joëlle Jones (looking forward to her visit over here at the end of November), Gisèle Lagacé, Jim Holdaway, Ulf Jansson, Frank Robbins, Steve Dillon (re-reading Preacher), Eduardo Barreto and Dan DeCarlo.

We have enough shared interests that I'm going to have to take a look at the artists on your list that I don't know.

Older: Dan DeCarlo. I've been looking for the "right" cover for almost three years. I found it in the UK a couple of weeks ago. At last!

Newer: Joëlle Jones. Her Lady Killer slays me.

Eduardo Barreto has been overlooked by so many people. I think his art is fantastic.

I couldn't agree more. But it is the fact that it is overlooked which makes it possible for me to acquire it while still on a tight budget :grin: . I think there is more or less a straight line from Caniff by Robbins and Jijé that ends at Barreto's work.

In no particular order: Joëlle Jones (looking forward to her visit over here at the end of November), Gisèle Lagacé, Jim Holdaway, Ulf Jansson, Frank Robbins, Steve Dillon (re-reading Preacher), Eduardo Barreto and Dan DeCarlo.

We have enough shared interests that I'm going to have to take a look at the artists on your list that I don't know.

Do that. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Older: Dan DeCarlo. I've been looking for the "right" cover for almost three years. I found it in the UK a couple of weeks ago. At last!

Picture? Or can you tell us which issue?

Newer: Joëlle Jones. Her Lady Killer slays me.

Well put! :/