• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Boards HOLIDAY GIFT EXCHANGE sign up thread

439 posts in this topic

And if you think your gift may not arrive in time, send a message to your recipient so they know it's on the way. Helps relieve the anxiety.

:foryou:

Typically, you would send a PM to HolidayHam and he would relay any updates on status or delay or questions for the recipient. Remember, you want your ID to remain secret until they open the present. :gossip:

...and another thing...I'd like to ask to have the year requirement/restriction to be removed. I think it's silly.

There may be many here that want to participate and in fact, can't, because of this rule. Let's let everyone join in with the gift giving! :2c

And if you think your gift may not arrive in time, send a message to your recipient so they know it's on the way. Helps relieve the anxiety.

:foryou:

Typically, you would send a PM to HolidayHam and he would relay any updates on status or delay or questions for the recipient. Remember, you want your ID to remain secret until they open the present. :gossip:

True. That's probably the better option.

I got a message directly from my Santa last year, it didn't really spoil the surprise, but I get what you're saying.

:hi:

...and another thing...I'd like to ask to have the year requirement/restriction to be removed. I think it's silly.

There may be many here that want to participate and in fact, can't, because of this rule. Let's let everyone join in with the gift giving! :2c

I agree. Let's take this restriction out completely. (thumbs u

I think this rule of having to be on the boards for a full year was in place to make sure that the participants were truly a part of this community and thus we'd have a lower chance of a deadbeat joining up and then not delivering with a gift.

Now with that being said, I think we've had more issues with some long-time members not delivering, more so than any newer people.

Also, how can a newer member become a better part of this community if we don't allow him/her to participate in these community events? :idea:

I'll go edit my first post and remove the time restriction. :)

-HH

I love doing this and look forward to it every year. Also the raffle, people seem to really like my Mystery Box :o

BTW, a few nice people said they were a little reluctant to join because they have trouble "shopping" for others.

No one expects something to be perfect, it's the thought that counts.

However, I get at least 2 pms a year asking for shopping help, if you really get stuck, I am always happy to help you guess...I am a shopping semi expert;)

So free help is always available. (but I'm not good with moderns;)

If I get a boardie with interests that I know nothing about, I may take you up on the offer. Last year I tried buying stuff for a boardie in categories I had no knowledge in and they were disappointed with my gift. I don't want that to happen again because I truly do care about making them happy. I know the first year I participated, I nailed the gift I got for my SS and he loved it.

I would say dont be shy about putting very specific things you want and then some general categories as well to help the buyer out.

BTW, a few nice people said they were a little reluctant to join because they have trouble "shopping" for others.

No one expects something to be perfect, it's the thought that counts.

However, I get at least 2 pms a year asking for shopping help, if you really get stuck, I am always happy to help you guess...I am a shopping semi expert;)

So free help is always available. (but I'm not good with moderns;)

If I get a boardie with interests that I know nothing about, I may take you up on the offer. Last year I tried buying stuff for a boardie in categories I had no knowledge in and they were disappointed with my gift. I don't want that to happen again because I truly do care about making them happy. I know the first year I participated, I nailed the gift I got for my SS and he loved it.

I would say dont be shy about putting very specific things you want and then some general categories as well to help the buyer out.

I've never actually offered before, but I do get PMs, I'm sure lots of people just talk it over with other friends.

I just don't want people to be afraid to join in because of shopophobia;)

I agree. Let's take this restriction out completely. (thumbs u

I think this rule of having to be on the boards for a full year was in place to make sure that the participants were truly a part of this community and thus we'd have a lower chance of a deadbeat joining up and then not delivering with a gift.

Now with that being said, I think we've had more issues with some long-time members not delivering, more so than any newer people.

Also, how can a newer member become a better part of this community if we don't allow him/her to participate in these community events? :idea:

I'll go edit my first post and remove the time restriction. :)

-HH

For real? Glad I checked back to read the thread, I'm in.

Had planned an 'x-mas for noobs' thread with a few giveaways to member who joined starting Dec 2014 (I think it was), but now when I do it, I can save myself the embarrassment of such a restriction.