• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,278 posts in this topic

It's a shame that the artists on these 1940s Marvel covers didn't get any recognition. Covers like this should be comic book classics, kind of like Vargas pinup calendars, even if this joke does borrow just a little bit from our redheaded friend in Riverdale.

1271290-cgc12024.jpg

It's a shame that the artists on these 1940s Marvel covers didn't get any recognition. Covers like this should be comic book classics, kind of like Vargas pinup calendars, even if this joke does borrow just a little bit from our redheaded friend in Riverdale.

1271290-cgc12024.jpg

Ah,

Yes, they are comic book classics that many of us cherish. Right now they are still very reasonable, but as more people become aware and compare them to other GGA type genres, these will start showing up on many wantlists.

Here are some of my recent additions. All of these copies are very crisp and clean with white paper. They don't seem at all like they are nearly 60 years old.

z-gay29a.jpg

I was not originally a fan of these painted Marvel covers but they grow on you. They are very attractive and there are only a handful for Patsy Walker and also Cindy comics.

z-patsy27.JPG

This issue of Tessie is from Mile High. It was graded as Fine but actually appears VF or better. Super white paper and appears as if it was never handled.

z-tessie09.jpg

Here are some of my recent additions. All of these copies are very crisp and clean with white paper. They don't seem at all like they are nearly 60 years old.

I was not originally a fan of these painted Marvel covers but they grow on you. They are very attractive and there are only a handful for Patsy Walker and also Cindy comics.

z-patsy27.JPG

Grew pretty fast on me grin.gif

I didn't even know they did any painted cover in that time, much less one so Rockwell-esque.

Very Rockwell indeed. I think that the romance comics were popular at this time so Patsy Walker and Cindy comics were made to look like romance magazines. There are several Junior Miss issues that have some beautiful painted covers featuring Cindy also.