• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yet another book I have deep regret in selling. :cry:

That's exactly why I hang on to most of my books. If I don't want it that much, I don't buy it. If I like it, I keep it until I can find a better one then sell the undercopy. Mostly what I am doing these days is upgrading. Anytime, I just gotta buy something, I drag out a box and re discover books I've held on to.

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That's exactly why I hang on to most of my books. If I don't want it that much, I don't buy it. If I like it, I keep it until I can find a better one then sell the undercopy. Mostly what I am doing these days is upgrading. Anytime, I just gotta buy something, I drag out a box and re discover books I've held on to.

I wish I had your self-control, RM xD

That's a wonderful group of books!

Fresh from Terry's comics (he really did have some tough Teen books) : I have a beater Canadian edition which i posted earlier in this thread (that will now go up for sale)but always wanted to get a U.S. edition to consider the run complete. Andy Comics #20 (#1) formerly Scream Comics. Love this cover with the pretty brunette and red head and the girlfriend walking in on an embarrassed (or guilty?) Andy. Only two issues carried Andy's name before yet another teen character took over the title. From Ace Periodicals. 

Andy Comics #20 (#1).jpg

Edited by sagii

10 hours ago, sagii said:

Fresh from Terry's comics (he really did have some tough Teen books) : I have a beater Canadian edition which i posted earlier in this thread (that will now go up for sale)but always wanted to get a U.S. edition to consider the run complete. Andy Comics #20 (#1) formerly Scream Comics. Love this cover with the pretty brunette and red head and the girlfriend walking in a an embarrassed (or guilty?) Andy. Only two issues carried Andy's name before yet another teen character took over the title. From Ace Periodicals. 

Andy Comics #20 (#1).jpg

Congrats on this one! (thumbsu Love that cover!

3 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Congrats on this one! (thumbsu Love that cover!

Thanks! When you and RM were posting about the great selection Terry had, I thought about this one and another run I'm trying to complete. Much to my surprise, he had this book 

For those of you who like the Timely painted covers, I finally found a copy of the companion book to Georgie #25 (see below)

Georgie-Feb1950-b_zpsm1bicwgp.jpg

This cover was repainted for use on an issue of Joker, the adult humor digest in 1953.  Georgie was published in 1950.  The artwork was modified just a bit to make the man who was previously Georgie look a bit older:

JokerV4_28-Apr1953-b_zpslu60fe4z.jpg

I never thought I'd find a copy of this one so I was pretty thrilled when I did!  The Joker issue is digest sized.  I just enlarged the scan to make it comparable.

Edited by lotemo

5 minutes ago, lotemo said:

For those of you who like the Timely painted covers, I finally found a copy of the companion book to Georgie #25 (see below)

This cover was repainted for use on an issue of Joker, the adult humor digest in 1953.  Georgie was published in 1950.  The artwork was modified just a bit to make the man who was previously Georgie look a bit older:

I never thought I'd find a copy of this one so I was pretty thrilled when I did!  The Joker issue is digest sized.  I just enlarged the scan to make it comparable.

That is so neat.  Major congrats for finding these. 

1 hour ago, lotemo said:

Cool find! (thumbsu

11 hours ago, lotemo said:

Very nice! :applause:This reminds me of the gorgeous "Inside Detective" cover by Peter Driben that was "re-used" for Molly O'Day #1.

Just purchased this from Lone Star.  It was graded as poor but was only missing one page.  It was one of two issues I still need so the price had dropped to the point that I couldn't resist getting it.  Turns out the missing page is from the Tar & Star story so it didn't much matter to me.  The Tessie story was complete. 

Gay22-b_zpsusehhpba.jpg

7 hours ago, lotemo said:

Just purchased this from Lone Star.  It was graded as poor but was only missing one page.  It was one of two issues I still need so the price had dropped to the point that I couldn't resist getting it.  Turns out the missing page is from the Tar & Star story so it didn't much matter to me.  The Tessie story was complete. 

Gay22-b_zpsusehhpba.jpg

I consider this to be a "classic cover" :luhv:

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

One of these little tough books I finally snagged today.

One of my favorite teen humor headlight covers. :)

IMG_3606.PNG

I thought about taking a shot at that one, but thought 'I'm sure Rick is in the running ' so passed. I got lucky on eBay last night on a book so I'll wait to see what it looks like in hand.

Congrats on that, a one shot i believe?  Short run complete! :D

Yeah, just the one. One other guy and I (likely a boardie) popped the price up a little higher than I was hoping. 

Sometimes I can't help but post them right away here.  I literally have no one in my life that cares except for the people here. My wife does whatever the opposite of "caring about comics" is.  :flamed: