• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2017 at 3:34 PM, lotemo said:

Girls' Life 4 through 6 - In the final issue, the letter from Patsy mentions preparation for the upcoming issue which never happened.  Wonder how many disappointed girls went looking for the next issue only to never find it!

Apparently, not all that many or the issue would have been published. :)

I love those early Millie's.  To continue on with some Millie the Model, I recently picked up this Millie cover recreation by DeCarlo.  It was actually commissioned by John Lucas in 1991.  Lucas was one of the artists responsible for reviving the Katy Keene title in the 1980's.   Lucas did the inking himself.  I like how DeCarlo tweaked the layout a bit and filled out the background rather than doing an exact copy of the original.  I don't recall ever seeing any original Millie art for sale by DeCarlo so I figured this was the next best thing.  There's tons of the later stuff by Goldberg available but there doesn't seem to be anything by DeCarlo.

Artwork_Millie%2066%20DeCarlo_zpsk5ixgdx
MillieTheModel_1956_066_zpsk88gjmes.jpg

Edited by lotemo

6 hours ago, lotemo said:

I love those early Millie's.  To continue on with some Millie the Model, I recently picked up this Millie cover recreation by DeCarlo.  It was actually commissioned by John Lucas in 1991.  Lucas was one of the artists responsible for reviving the Katy Keene title in the 1980's.   Lucas did the inking himself.  I like how DeCarlo tweaked the layout a bit and filled out the background rather than doing an exact copy of the original.  I don't recall ever seeing any original Millie art for sale by DeCarlo so I figured this was the next best thing.  There's tons of the later stuff by Goldberg available but there doesn't seem to be anything by DeCarlo.

Artwork_Millie%2066%20DeCarlo_zpsk5ixgdx
MillieTheModel_1956_066_zpsk88gjmes.jpg

Very nice comic and even nicer art!

59 minutes ago, lotemo said:

Here's a recent addition.  This seemed to be the hardest for me to find of the first 10 issues of Patsy and Hedy:

Patsy%20And%20Hedy_1952_006_zpsgtkuteio.

#4 has a nice swimsuit cover as well:

Patsy%20And%20Hedy_1952_004_zps1khdwkh9.

Please stop posting these books! I can't add another item to my want list :cry:

These are nice!!

On 11/26/2017 at 3:19 PM, sagii said:

Please stop posting these books! I can't add another item to my want list :cry:

These are nice!!

The boards can be both frustrating and nice at the same time.  It's nice that they provide exposure to overlooked comics but it's frustrating when you have to add them to your want list.  I think my golden age collection would be about half the size it is now except I kept adding books that I saw on the boards.  My retirement savings would also have a lot larger balance too!  

On 11/26/2017 at 2:15 PM, lotemo said:

Here's a recent addition.  This seemed to be the hardest for me to find of the first 10 issues of Patsy and Hedy:

Patsy%20And%20Hedy_1952_006_zpsgtkuteio.

#4 has a nice swimsuit cover as well:

Patsy%20And%20Hedy_1952_004_zps1khdwkh9.

Some nice books in Houston...

patsyandhedy5.jpg