• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

On 12/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I also picked up this...but had to pay more than for the Jetta...Crazy...

The canoe is actually dark candy apple red...but I could not duplicate that with my scanner or photoshop talents...

Great Binky #4 ! and from an LCS even ... WOW 

i collect Binky's but need this one and lots of others too

GREAT pick ups at your LCS, i'm jealous of your LCS...

6 hours ago, sagii said:

One more for the night, for @1950's war comics early Binky  (one you probably already have though) but i know you love this title

Yes the Binky title is so innocent and always fun and colorful ! 

nice #10 great beach cover ! lots going on with that cover !

and no i don't have that one either , i have about 20 issues- total

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, Sqeggs said:

Even a veteran seller can get burned using BINs when the market for a book takes off. 

How does one even know which issues are hot without making it a full-time job?  (shrug)

This has long been one of my favorite Millies - is it a consensus book or one for the dog-pile?

46104840.d525801c.800.jpg

5 hours ago, PopKulture said:

How does one even know which issues are hot without making it a full-time job?  (shrug)

This has long been one of my favorite Millies - is it a consensus book or one for the dog-pile?

This one and the Gay are definitely dogpile books. For sure. 

I am happy to help you get rid of either. :devil:

The Millie especially. DeCarlo GGA covers are for the gold junk heap. B|

31 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This one and the Gay are definitely dogpile books. For sure. 

I am happy to help you get rid of either. :devil:

The Millie especially. DeCarlo GGA covers are for the gold junk heap. B|

Well, I appreciate the candor. It's as I expected. I'll probably throw them in the pile with my wife's Lands End catalogs and dump that stuff in the recycling bin.   :whistle:

10 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Well, I appreciate the candor. It's as I expected. I'll probably throw them in the pile with my wife's Lands End catalogs and dump that stuff in the recycling bin.   :whistle:

You know what? We recycle really well here in the Midwest.  I will send UPS right out to your place to bring to box them up and Shop over here and we will take care of that for you ASAP. I live to serve. :foryou:

If you see similar looking copies for sale in the near future it’s only because your copies looking strikingly identical to mine. :wishluck:

11 hours ago, PopKulture said:

A good rule of thumb...

If Millie's thighs are wide enough to cause the mylar to split, it's DeCarlo art and it's worth a fortune.

On 12/31/2017 at 9:06 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

In recent years, this genre has been severely undervalued in the price guide. Does anyone have any ideas why? Does it take a long time for the market value to be reflected in the guide? Do they assume that this is just a trend that will die down soon? Are there too many comics in the world to keep up with them all?

I realize that Overstreet is only meant to be a "guide", but when "$100" books are consistently selling for $2,000... (shrug)

This genre is rough. Once all the guys, (how many guys are chasing these comics) fill in there runs. What will the new copies of these comic listed for sale, sell for? A book that sold for thousands, may sell for hundred once the demand if filled with these guys and then could sell for 20 bucks. The comics are worth what people are willing to pay. Once the deep pockets guys get their copies (I.E. you) the price could fall to the ground. 2c

2 hours ago, *Bronze age fan* said:
On 12/31/2017 at 9:06 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

In recent years, this genre has been severely undervalued in the price guide. Does anyone have any ideas why? Does it take a long time for the market value to be reflected in the guide? Do they assume that this is just a trend that will die down soon? Are there too many comics in the world to keep up with them all?

I realize that Overstreet is only meant to be a "guide", but when "$100" books are consistently selling for $2,000... (shrug)

This genre is rough. Once all the guys, (how many guys are chasing these comics) fill in there runs. What will the new copies of these comic listed for sale, sell for? A book that sold for thousands, may sell for hundred once the demand if filled with these guys and then could sell for 20 bucks. The comics are worth what people are willing to pay. Once the deep pockets guys get their copies (I.E. you) the price could fall to the ground. 2c

Overstreet has always tended to be conservative.  As an annual price guide, he can't really shift prices up dramatically on the basis of a few sales for the reasons you note.  I think it's particularly tough for him to price higher grade books in genres like this one.  The Atlas humor books that have been selling on Heritage are in a number of cases by far the best copies to come on the market in years.  Who knows if other copies will appear or if they will achieve comparable prices if they do or whether mid-grade copies will escalate as well (in some cases, obviously, they have).

If prices are sustained at these levels, I think he'll raise the prices in the guide.

My guess is that, given the scarcity of these books and the interest in them, prices will remain high indefinitely, although they may move off current levels.  I don't see them becoming $100 books again. I can't think of an instance of price crashes of that magnitude happening with GA books.

54 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Overstreet has always tended to be conservative.  As an annual price guide, he can't really shift prices up dramatically on the basis of a few sales for the reasons you note.  I think it's particularly tough for him to price higher grade books in genres like this one.  The Atlas humor books that have been selling on Heritage are in a number of cases by far the best copies to come on the market in years.  Who knows if other copies will appear or if they will achieve comparable prices if they do or whether mid-grade copies will escalate as well (in some cases, obviously, they have).

If prices are sustained at these levels, I think he'll raise the prices in the guide.

My guess is that, given the scarcity of these books and the interest in them, prices will remain high indefinitely, although they may move off current levels.  I don't see them becoming $100 books again. I can't think of an instance of price crashes of that magnitude happening with GA books.

I get what your saying. I am sure you watch eBay auctions for these comics, as do I. Once in a while, do you notice a Millie that sells high, then the same issue number comes up for sale and it does no where near what it did in the prior auction for the same issue. It does not happen a lot. But it does happen. Sometimes it comes down to do the right two people see the auction, who both need the issue. Then it's a perfect storm for the SELLER. The storm does not always happen. You get what I am saying? 

1 minute ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

I get what your saying. I am sure you watch eBay auctions for these comics, as do I. Once in a while, do you notice a Millie that sells high, then the same issue number comes up for sale and it does no where near what it did in the prior auction for the same issue. It does not happen a lot. But it does happen. Sometimes it comes down to do the right two people see the auction, who both need the issue. Then it's a perfect storm for the SELLER. The storm does not always happen. You get what I am saying? 

Yep and there have been low-priced BINs for some of these books on eBay where the seller isn't following the market (or relies on Overstreet).