• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lotemo said:

Although not a teen book, Venus still included Hedy De Vine stories in early issues so I consider it part of the Timely career women books along with Millie, Tessie, and Hedy.  I had this copy graded recently.  I thought it might be an 8.0 or a bit higher.  Nothing wrong with it but the minor rust on the lower staple and the bindery tear at the top of the spine.  The bindery tear was almost unnoticeable but the holder makes it look more obvious.  It's still a pretty copy though.

t-venus-01-cgc_zpslidvrp56.jpg

Beautiful copy!

On 10/6/2017 at 7:04 PM, lotemo said:

Although not a teen book, Venus still included Hedy De Vine stories in early issues so I consider it part of the Timely career women books along with Millie, Tessie, and Hedy.  I had this copy graded recently.  I thought it might be an 8.0 or a bit higher.  Nothing wrong with it but the minor rust on the lower staple and the bindery tear at the top of the spine.  The bindery tear was almost unnoticeable but the holder makes it look more obvious.  It's still a pretty copy though.

t-venus-01-cgc_zpslidvrp56.jpg

Very pretty book, these early Venus are difficult to find and almost never see them this nice.

5 minutes ago, sagii said:

Finally completed this 3 issue 1952 run, it's been on my radar for five years (ironically, i found all 3 issues this year, with luck and assist). This has really been a standout year for me in terms of collecting. Junior Hopp Comics #1. After a long wait of this being on my saved searches on eBay (and being just a day too late inquiring about a copy listed on Terry's site a time back) this copy turned up. I think i won without much competition because this copy is sorely mis-cut (ouch)! But it has retained gloss, and the mis-cut gives it edge :D

junior Hopp Comics #2 Two weeks ago i was reading @AJD's journal (recommended) and @Marwood & I suggested he check out a site overseas for some nice foreign edition books. These, especially Australian and Brazilian are a growing interest with me, so i took a look myself, browsing even beyond the foreign variants.  Guess what was among the listings? This was the last one i needed so i pounced and two weeks later it's back in States and in my collection! Thanks guys!

Junior Hopp Comics #3 sports what is my favorite cover in the run. (Ow, she's a brick...houuuuse!) Much thanks to the Boards own king of GGA @Ricksneatstuff for this one :foryou:

Group shot in the bumped 'Completed Short Runs' Thread

Junior Hopp Comics #1.jpg

Junior Hopp Comics #2.jpg

Junior Hopp Comics #3.jpg

:golfclap: Great group!! A really tough mini-run. Congratulations!!

8 minutes ago, sagii said:

Finally completed this 3 issue 1952 run, it's been on my radar for five years (ironically, i found all 3 issues this year, with luck and assist). This has really been a standout year for me in terms of collecting. Junior Hopp Comics #1. After a long wait of this being on my saved searches on eBay (and being just a day too late inquiring about a copy listed on Terry's site a time back) this copy turned up. I think i won without much competition because this copy is sorely mis-cut (ouch)! But it has retained gloss, and the mis-cut gives it edge :D

junior Hopp Comics #2 Two weeks ago i was reading @AJD's journal (recommended) and @Marwood & I suggested he check out a site overseas for some nice foreign edition books. These, especially Australian and Brazilian are a growing interest with me, so i took a look myself, browsing even beyond the foreign variants.  Guess what was among the listings? This was the last one i needed so i pounced and two weeks later it's back in States and in my collection! Thanks guys!

Junior Hopp Comics #3 sports what is my favorite cover in the run. (Ow, she's a brick...houuuuse!) Much thanks to the Boards own king of GGA @Ricksneatstuff for this one :foryou:

Ha! Glad to have helped @sagii :headbang:

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Junior Hopp Comics #1.jpg

Junior Hopp Comics #2.jpg

Junior Hopp Comics #3.jpg

Great run Corey. Congrats. Real hard to find. I like 3 best too. Got it from Al Stoltz. Took me a while to find the other two. 

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Great stuff, Corey!  Congrats!

22 hours ago, sagii said:

Congratulations! :applause: #3 is definitely my favorite too :)